Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wif Nag & Boot Sound

Tip us?

nathanmurray
Old
(Last edited by nathanmurray; 20th June 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Question Wif Nag & Boot Sound

1) Anyone know how to disable the AT&T boot sound. ? I tried the Wanam Xposed pluggin, but it does not seem to work.

2) And wifi-connected nag ... Would love to see that gone !

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks !
Nathan Murray
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Rooted + Xposed

nicetucu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Me too... more the At&t sound....f-ing hate that sound. Low tech is to mute your phone or I was reading about https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...web.silentboot Silent Boot in the play store, but haven't installed it yet.... would like it to be a setting or module. The camera click sound isn't gone either (so annoying).

jdock
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetucu View Post
Me too... more the At&t sound....f-ing hate that sound. Low tech is to mute your phone or I was reading about https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...web.silentboot Silent Boot in the play store, but haven't installed it yet.... would like it to be a setting or module. The camera click sound isn't gone either (so annoying).
I don't like using apps like silent boot... instead, go to the source of the annoyance.

The boot sound is /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg. Don't know what will happen on this phone, but on my LGOG, you could just remove the boot sound file altogether (I renamed mine) and have a nice silent boot. What I would actually do here for safety is make a backup copy of it, then put in its place a new PowerOn.ogg that I created myself that is half a second of silence. Just in case something really doesn't like the file to be missing altogether.

Of course, you have to be root to do this; get a shell (using terminal, adb, run an ssh daemon or whatever), and remount /system read-write before you will be able to write there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freebee269
Old
(Last edited by freebee269; 22nd June 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
as @jdock said, it is the poweron.ogg file. you can indeed get rid of this file or make your own without any negative effect to your gs5. i made my own and replaced it (need root) and set permissions to what most the other files in that location are.

what i would like to do is change the bootanimation so that it only does the samsung one and the bright white at&t one doesnt pop on. i have found that the samsung and at&t one are all one boot animation. so i'd have to edit the qmg file and take out the at&t pics. still trying to find out how to edit a qmg. the bootsamsungloop.qmg file is the at&t logo only file. i've moved those loop.qmg files out of the media folder but the bootsamsung.qmg STILL plays the at&t animation for some reason. the at&t animation has to be a part of the bootsamsung.qmg.

edit: the bootsamsungmini.qmg is the samsung only animation but the pics are not right. the samsung logo is not stretched out enough.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

nathanmurray
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks all !
Nathan Murray
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Rooted + Xposed

dcarlson01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdock View Post
I don't like using apps like silent boot... instead, go to the source of the annoyance.

The boot sound is /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg. Don't know what will happen on this phone, but on my LGOG, you could just remove the boot sound file altogether (I renamed mine) and have a nice silent boot. What I would actually do here for safety is make a backup copy of it, then put in its place a new PowerOn.ogg that I created myself that is half a second of silence. Just in case something really doesn't like the file to be missing altogether.

Of course, you have to be root to do this; get a shell (using terminal, adb, run an ssh daemon or whatever), and remount /system read-write before you will be able to write there.
I was able to turn off the sound by adding ".disabled" to the end of the poweron.ogg.. So mine now reads PowerOn.ogg.disabled

And it works for me

rachelm920
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
as @jdock said, it is the poweron.ogg file. you can indeed get rid of this file or make your own without any negative effect to your gs5. i made my own and replaced it (need root) and set permissions to what most the other files in that location are.
SWEET I got The Doctor LOL I used ROM Toolbox Pro to update my boot animation, but it's really tiny.

I should search out an animated Tardis LOL
~Rachelm920~
AT&T Galaxy S5 running stock rooted until some ROMs come out
Other devices:
Nexus 7 2013 Edition stock
Original Kindle Fire running CM10

Android History:T-mobile: Motorola Cliq ran CM7 --> HTC Amaze ran CM9 --> AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S3 tried just about every ROM on this site