Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Wif Nag & Boot Sound

OP nathanmurray

20th June 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
1) Anyone know how to disable the AT&T boot sound. ? I tried the Wanam Xposed pluggin, but it does not seem to work.

2) And wifi-connected nag ... Would love to see that gone !



Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks !
Last edited by nathanmurray; 20th June 2014 at 09:56 PM.
20th June 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Salem, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 4
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Me too... more the At&t sound....f-ing hate that sound. Low tech is to mute your phone or I was reading about https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...web.silentboot Silent Boot in the play store, but haven't installed it yet.... would like it to be a setting or module. The camera click sound isn't gone either (so annoying).
22nd June 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetucu

Me too... more the At&t sound....f-ing hate that sound. Low tech is to mute your phone or I was reading about https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...web.silentboot Silent Boot in the play store, but haven't installed it yet.... would like it to be a setting or module. The camera click sound isn't gone either (so annoying).

I don't like using apps like silent boot... instead, go to the source of the annoyance.

The boot sound is /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg. Don't know what will happen on this phone, but on my LGOG, you could just remove the boot sound file altogether (I renamed mine) and have a nice silent boot. What I would actually do here for safety is make a backup copy of it, then put in its place a new PowerOn.ogg that I created myself that is half a second of silence. Just in case something really doesn't like the file to be missing altogether.

Of course, you have to be root to do this; get a shell (using terminal, adb, run an ssh daemon or whatever), and remount /system read-write before you will be able to write there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #4  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 441
 
921 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
as @jdock said, it is the poweron.ogg file. you can indeed get rid of this file or make your own without any negative effect to your gs5. i made my own and replaced it (need root) and set permissions to what most the other files in that location are.

what i would like to do is change the bootanimation so that it only does the samsung one and the bright white at&t one doesnt pop on. i have found that the samsung and at&t one are all one boot animation. so i'd have to edit the qmg file and take out the at&t pics. still trying to find out how to edit a qmg. the bootsamsungloop.qmg file is the at&t logo only file. i've moved those loop.qmg files out of the media folder but the bootsamsung.qmg STILL plays the at&t animation for some reason. the at&t animation has to be a part of the bootsamsung.qmg.

edit: the bootsamsungmini.qmg is the samsung only animation but the pics are not right. the samsung logo is not stretched out enough.
Last edited by freebee269; 22nd June 2014 at 07:29 PM.
23rd June 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Thanks all !
23rd June 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdock

I don't like using apps like silent boot... instead, go to the source of the annoyance.

The boot sound is /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg. Don't know what will happen on this phone, but on my LGOG, you could just remove the boot sound file altogether (I renamed mine) and have a nice silent boot. What I would actually do here for safety is make a backup copy of it, then put in its place a new PowerOn.ogg that I created myself that is half a second of silence. Just in case something really doesn't like the file to be missing altogether.

Of course, you have to be root to do this; get a shell (using terminal, adb, run an ssh daemon or whatever), and remount /system read-write before you will be able to write there.

I was able to turn off the sound by adding ".disabled" to the end of the poweron.ogg.. So mine now reads PowerOn.ogg.disabled

And it works for me
23rd June 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #7  
rachelm920's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 200
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269

as @jdock said, it is the poweron.ogg file. you can indeed get rid of this file or make your own without any negative effect to your gs5. i made my own and replaced it (need root) and set permissions to what most the other files in that location are.

SWEET I got The Doctor LOL I used ROM Toolbox Pro to update my boot animation, but it's really tiny.

I should search out an animated Tardis LOL

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes