Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Impossible Rooting Polaroid PSPR355

Tip us?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by klonic0 View Post
I'm in the same boat
I use moto-fastboot (any way it's fastboot)

#:\moto-fastboot devices
? fastboot

don't show any info...

I do a system dump in this way

#:\adb pull / c:\PSPR355

mega,co,nz/#!ThIUQYiS!LLbJ9e1-yVJI4juNlWQuPfa9GFH6HP9lr4X8Gwu1MBY

Change "," please, sorry mod if you want i can delete it! =$
Unfortunately if fastboot doesn't show your device without any other flashing utility, even with the system dump there is no way to flash a rooted system image if it was created.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klonic0
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Got to see if this guys do the trick!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066041

MecaMarck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
Since you have the usb drivers working on your computer, try booting into the bootloader and using fastboot to see if the command fastboot devices returns anything. If the computer see's the device in fastboot that's a good sign. If your device doesn't have a locked bootloader which it likely doesn't, then I can try and create a rooted system image for you to flash in fastboot. Provided fastboot see's your device if it does, if you can provide me an adb dump of your /system folder then I will see what can be done.
Hello shimp well I connected my device on FastBoot Mode and my computer recognized it and it installed a driver named: ADB Testing Interface I dont know if thats a good sign or what should I do, I tried entering into recovery mode but it shows only an android little guy and exclamation quote... so I think it doesnt have a recovery boot I dont know if thats relevant, Could you help with the adb dump i dont know how to get it. And.... I dont know if besides you help me with the rooted system image you could teach me how I do this.... anyways thanks a lot for helping me! I'll keep doing everything you need so we can root this device!

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MecaMarck View Post
Hello shimp well I connected my device on FastBoot Mode and my computer recognized it and it installed a driver named: ADB Testing Interface I dont know if thats a good sign or what should I do, I tried entering into recovery mode but it shows only an android little guy and exclamation quote... so I think it doesnt have a recovery boot I dont know if thats relevant, Could you help with the adb dump i dont know how to get it. And.... I dont know if besides you help me with the rooted system image you could teach me how I do this.... anyways thanks a lot for helping me! I'll keep doing everything you need so we can root this device!
Since your computer recognizes the device and installed the driver and shows the device when in fastboot mode that's a good sign. The Android with the exclamation point is part of normal stock Android system recovery, it just means that the recovery menu has been hidden (You should be able to get the menu to appear by pressing the power and both the volume buttons in recovery mode). To dump /system run the following command:

Code:
adb pull /system
Then please send me a link to the /system dump, from there I will make a rooted system image.