Post Reply

Cannot restore my phone to stock using RUU

23rd June 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
I tried to return my sprint HTC One to stock but was unsuccessful. I was s-off, unlocked bootloader and rooted. I also unlocked the phone using the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper". I tried to return it to stock but failed. I went from s-off to s-on, then locked the bootloader, and then tried to run the RUU but it failed. I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU but it failed. Then I ran the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3.04.651.2_RUU and it also failed. I also ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU and it failed also. I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. I have attached pictures of the errors I get.
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc error.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2812728

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	2812729

This the what I got after I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU. I don't know why the security warning showed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2812730
Last edited by Chunky McNasty; 23rd June 2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Added some more info
23rd June 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #2  
Aldo101t's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,305
 
3,120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky McNasty

I tried to return my sprint HTC One to stock but was unsuccessful. I was s-off, unlocked bootloader and rooted. I also unlocked the phone using the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper". I tried to return it to stock but failed. I went from s-off to s-on, then locked the bootloader, and then tried to run the RUU but it failed. I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip but it failed. Then I ran the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3.04.651.2_RUU.zip and it also failed. I also ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip and it failed also. I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. I have attached pictures of the errors I get.
Attachment 2812728

Attachment 2812729

Attachment 2812730

you have to usethe latest ruu, being s-on now, 4.06.651.4. you can't downgrade being s-on, you will need stock recovery also, and bootloader locked as you are already
23rd June 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t

you have to usethe latest ruu, being s-on now, 4.06.651.4. you can't downgrade being s-on, you will need stock recovery also, and bootloader locked as you are already

I did use 4.06.651.4 and it didn't work. When I run the ruu it gets to the end on the process and then says update unsuccessful. And can you explain more about the stock recovery. I thought I just need the bootloader to be locked and then I can run the ruu.
23rd June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #4  
Aldo101t's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,305
 
3,120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky McNasty

I did use 4.06.651.4 and it didn't work. When I run the ruu it gets to the end on the process and then says update unsuccessful. And can you explain more about the stock recovery. I thought I just need the bootloader to be locked and then I can run the ruu.

if you are s-on you need to flash the stock recovery, same way you flashed a custom recovery, using fastboot.....fastboot flash recovery(name of recovery).img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes