Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot restore my phone to stock using RUU

Tip us?

Chunky McNasty
Old
(Last edited by Chunky McNasty; 23rd June 2014 at 04:13 AM.) Reason: Added some more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Cannot restore my phone to stock using RUU

I tried to return my sprint HTC One to stock but was unsuccessful. I was s-off, unlocked bootloader and rooted. I also unlocked the phone using the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper". I tried to return it to stock but failed. I went from s-off to s-on, then locked the bootloader, and then tried to run the RUU but it failed. I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU but it failed. Then I ran the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3.04.651.2_RUU and it also failed. I also ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU and it failed also. I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. I have attached pictures of the errors I get.
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc error.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2812728

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	2812729

This the what I got after I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU. I don't know why the security warning showed up.

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2812730

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky McNasty View Post
I tried to return my sprint HTC One to stock but was unsuccessful. I was s-off, unlocked bootloader and rooted. I also unlocked the phone using the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper". I tried to return it to stock but failed. I went from s-off to s-on, then locked the bootloader, and then tried to run the RUU but it failed. I ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip but it failed. Then I ran the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3.04.651.2_RUU.zip and it also failed. I also ran Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU.zip and it failed also. I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. I have attached pictures of the errors I get.
Attachment 2812728

Attachment 2812729

Attachment 2812730
you have to usethe latest ruu, being s-on now, 4.06.651.4. you can't downgrade being s-on, you will need stock recovery also, and bootloader locked as you are already

Chunky McNasty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t View Post
you have to usethe latest ruu, being s-on now, 4.06.651.4. you can't downgrade being s-on, you will need stock recovery also, and bootloader locked as you are already
I did use 4.06.651.4 and it didn't work. When I run the ruu it gets to the end on the process and then says update unsuccessful. And can you explain more about the stock recovery. I thought I just need the bootloader to be locked and then I can run the ruu.

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky McNasty View Post
I did use 4.06.651.4 and it didn't work. When I run the ruu it gets to the end on the process and then says update unsuccessful. And can you explain more about the stock recovery. I thought I just need the bootloader to be locked and then I can run the ruu.
if you are s-on you need to flash the stock recovery, same way you flashed a custom recovery, using fastboot.....fastboot flash recovery(name of recovery).img