Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Pressed factory reset by accident

OP 808phone

23rd June 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,857

3,911 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone

I never said anything about the custom recovery. If you should never use it, why is it there and why does it make the SD card not available?

Wow, HTC says you can use it here:
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-on...to/313779.html

I'm sure you know something others like me don't, but I when I mean "incompatible" I mean that I don't believe that it should make the sdcard unavailable and make the phone think it has zero MB. I think what you might have missed is that I used factory reset from the custom boot loader from moonshine. I was wondering if that factory reset was compatible - that's all.

Again, it was a mistake - it's not like I chose it on purpose. Thank you for the help.

The reset to factory from bootloader exists because on stock ROM there's no custom recovery that has that option....so it's in bootloader. For it to work properly though, you must have the stock recovery also. If you have a custom recovery like twrp/cwm and use the wipe from bootloader it'll mess your sd cause phone is not able to perform the wipe properly with that custom recovery. That's why, in order to get back to normal you should flash back stock recovery and perform the wipe from bootloader again.

Sent from nowhere over the air...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

447 posts
Thank you for the clarification. It makes sense. Too bad that reset is so close to the recovery command. It's pretty weird that I didn't have to run the wipe from the stock boot loader again. It ran and rebooted the phone into CM11. Anyway, I am glad I am back to running. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread