Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pressed factory reset by accident

Tip us?

Rapier
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1611

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
I never said anything about the custom recovery. If you should never use it, why is it there and why does it make the SD card not available?

Wow, HTC says you can use it here:
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-on...to/313779.html

I'm sure you know something others like me don't, but I when I mean "incompatible" I mean that I don't believe that it should make the sdcard unavailable and make the phone think it has zero MB. I think what you might have missed is that I used factory reset from the custom boot loader from moonshine. I was wondering if that factory reset was compatible - that's all.

Again, it was a mistake - it's not like I chose it on purpose. Thank you for the help.
The reset to factory from bootloader exists because on stock ROM there's no custom recovery that has that option....so it's in bootloader. For it to work properly though, you must have the stock recovery also. If you have a custom recovery like twrp/cwm and use the wipe from bootloader it'll mess your sd cause phone is not able to perform the wipe properly with that custom recovery. That's why, in order to get back to normal you should flash back stock recovery and perform the wipe from bootloader again.

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

808phone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Thank you for the clarification. It makes sense. Too bad that reset is so close to the recovery command. It's pretty weird that I didn't have to run the wipe from the stock boot loader again. It ran and rebooted the phone into CM11. Anyway, I am glad I am back to running. Thanks.