Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 46,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM 11 installed succesfully but not booting showing white screen with htc logo

Tip us?

xDTrifonov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker View Post
And you formatted all partitions (except sd card) before installing? Also what version of 4ext do you have exactly?

Edit: fallout is ics (Android 4.0), not jb (Android 4.1-4.3) or kk (Android 4.4)
1) Formatted everything possible except the SD card, before flashing the CM11 ROM
2) 4EXT v2.2.7_RC5 (I tried the latest RC Touch version but no luck there)
3) Hboot 7.00.1002 | Reengineered 2.00.002

Let me know if you need more info to help me out here, because I'm really out of options at this point and I'm stuck with Fallout. Not that it's bad but I found some stuff from the HTC part that drive me crazy + a lot of BGround activities so I had to disable some of the apps.

toni_mon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDTrifonov View Post
1) Formatted everything possible except the SD card, before flashing the CM11 ROM
2) 4EXT v2.2.7_RC5 (I tried the latest RC Touch version but no luck there)
3) Hboot 7.00.1002 | Reengineered 2.00.002

Let me know if you need more info to help me out here, because I'm really out of options at this point and I'm stuck with Fallout. Not that it's bad but I found some stuff from the HTC part that drive me crazy + a lot of BGround activities so I had to disable some of the apps.
Try twrp 2.7.1.0

Sent from my Desire S using XDA Free mobile app

bomil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try to update 4ext to latest recovery 1.0.0.6 touch, because you cannot install KK with old one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

xDTrifonov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomil View Post
Try to update 4ext to latest recovery 1.0.0.6 touch, because you cannot install KK with old one.

I do not know how to work with the Touch version, as it's something that is working while you have a working Android, but when I flash a new one and then the new boot how should I do this?

Is there a guide on how to? (using the touch version of 4EXT)

bomil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Latest 4ext recovery and twrp have support for selinux which is needed for flashing KK, and they are both touch. Try on youtube to find some tutorial.

toni_mon
Old
(Last edited by toni_mon; 18th June 2014 at 11:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I do not know how to work with the Touch version, as it's something that is working while you have a working Android, but when I flash a new one and then the new boot how should I do this?

Is there a guide on how to? (using the touch version of 4EXT)
Instead of using volume keys and power key you will yse your touchscreen, and flashing a recovery and boot.img will be the same as withyour old recovery....

xDTrifonov
Old
(Last edited by xDTrifonov; 19th June 2014 at 12:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni_mon View Post
Instead of using volume keys and power key you will yse your touchscreen, and flashing a recovery and boot.img will be the same as withyour old recovery....

Sorry but it still want's to restart into the old recovery and then proceed with the new flash of the ROM. I'm out of guesses on how to use this app. Without a guide I'm lost.

I now saw that I got an Error | status7 Installation aborted. - what could that be?

teadrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Status 7 error is due to the recovery being too old.

xDTrifonov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default please

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker View Post
Status 7 error is due to the recovery being too old.
Could some one make a quick guide on the steps that we need to make in order to install a ROM with the touch version of 4EXT? I know that for some of you guys this will be like.. a small thing to do, but having something to follow and knowing which option to choose is very helpful and will help a lot of people.

jmcclue
Old
(Last edited by jmcclue; 23rd June 2014 at 07:09 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306
Quote:
Could some one make a quick guide on the steps that we need to make in order to install a ROM with the touch version of 4EXT? I know that for some of you guys this will be like.. a small thing to do, but having something to follow and knowing which option to choose is very helpful and will help a lot of people.
To make nandroid backup

1) boot recovery
2) backup/restore
3) backup (select it to backup)
Thats u done.

To flash a rom

1) wipe/format
2) format all partitions except sdcard
(Once thats done go back to main menu)

3) install from sdcard
4) choose zip from sdcard
5) select ur rom to install it
(if rom requires u to flash gapps then do it straight after u flash the rom)
6) reboot

(if ur s-on then ul need to boot straight into fastboot after u flash the rom and flash the boot.img)

Hope that helps ya. Simples really.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]