Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does Rom Manager backup my IMEI?

Tip us?

SibaNL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Does Rom Manager backup my IMEI?

Hello, i have unlocked and rooted my Xperia SP (C5303, 12.1.A.1.201), now i want to flash a custom rom on it, i've made a backup of the current rom using Rom Manager's 'Backup current ROM' option. My question is: Does this option also backup my IMEI and is it even necessary to backup my imei when flashing a new rom? also, if it is necessary to backup my IMEI and Rom Manager does not do that, what are the other ways to backup my IMEI?

Thank you.

-SibaNL

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Not needed. Ur imei don't go lost forever when u flash a rom. It's by some people a flash problem with the recovery. Format first system and data before u flash a rom. Cwm or philz no imei take twrp and make all steps again. When ur want unlock ur phone read somewhere here how to back up ta.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
The Following User Says Thank You to joke19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SibaNL
Old
(Last edited by SibaNL; 23rd June 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19 View Post
Not needed. Ur imei don't go lost forever when u flash a rom. It's by some people a flash problem with the recovery. Format first system and data before u flash a rom. Cwm or philz no imei take twrp and make all steps again. When ur want unlock ur phone read somewhere here how to back up ta.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
I used NANDROID Online to create a backup and used CWM to flash cyanogenmod, my IMEI disapeared, i succesfully restored my IMEI from the NANDROID backup, now i used TWRP to flash cyanogenmod and now my IMEI is still there and it's working without any problems.
Tags
backup current rom, imei, rom manager, xperia sp