Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kindle 6.3.3 how to root?

Tip us?

AviatorDave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob251 View Post
so you have successfully rooted a kindle fire hd running 6.3.3? I have spent all day trying to figure out how to root mine and install a version of jelly bean. Could you point me in the direction of what versions of jellybean/kindle fire utility to use? i have tried using kf utility 0.9.9 and i have the same issue as you where it says the device is online but the boot status is unknown. Thx for the help.

Awww crapola. Nevermind. All I knew was that both of them were on 6.3.3, so I thought that was what they've always been on. Bzzzzt. The one that was working still has the adw launcher installed, but it doesn't have root any more. So THAT'S why KFU doesn't work on this new one.

They are my girlfriend's kids' kindles, and I told her not to ever update them, but I guess this one was pushed out.

So.... how long until theres a root kit for 6.3.3?

Rob251
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
Awww crapola. Nevermind. All I knew was that both of them were on 6.3.3, so I thought that was what they've always been on. Bzzzzt. The one that was working still has the adw launcher installed, but it doesn't have root any more. So THAT'S why KFU doesn't work on this new one.

They are my girlfriend's kids' kindles, and I told her not to ever update them, but I guess this one was pushed out.

So.... how long until theres a root kit for 6.3.3?
Hopefully soon, i heard towelroot this new program/website that roots a bunch of devices may work. have you heard anything about it? i dont want to brick my kindle.

AviatorDave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob251 View Post
Hopefully soon, i heard towelroot this new program/website that roots a bunch of devices may work. have you heard anything about it? i dont want to brick my kindle.
Didn't brick it, but didn't work either. The apk installs just fine, but when I click the "make it rain" button that says the device will reboot, nothing happens. The device does not reboot, and is not rooted. I tried rebooting the kindle and trying again with the same result. I guess I now fit the definition of insanity.

AviatorDave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
Didn't brick it, but didn't work either. The apk installs just fine, but when I click the "make it rain" button that says the device will reboot, nothing happens. The device does not reboot, and is not rooted. I tried rebooting the kindle and trying again with the same result. I guess I now fit the definition of insanity.
And... tried V2 of towelroot this morning. Still no worky-worky.

Somebody get a straitjacket.

Max-ML
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Old rooting methods not working yah...

What I have done -
1. fastboot using factory cable
2. install TWRP+FFF with KFU
3.flash modified pre-rooted ROM

If Amazon continues updating 1st gen, not sure there are lots of enthusiasts, who would continue rooting it. Thus decided to switch to alternative ROM. Well, stock is better for battery etc... etc... but as I do also have HDX and most of time use it, having stock ROM on 1st gen is not as crucial for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max-ML For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overground
Old
(Last edited by overground; 20th June 2014 at 06:34 PM.)
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Thanks Meter 1168
Location: Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
According to this post (and the post above^^), if you have a factory cable (special cable used to power on in bootloader mode), you can revert to a custom recovery and bootloader and then flash a 6.3.2 ROM. Problem then is avoiding another OTA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=2

T-mobile SDA, T-mobile G1 (bronze) Rooted, Nexus One Rooted 4.0.4, T-mobile G2x Rooted, Viewsonic G-tab 10.1", HTC OneX (SOLD), Kindle Fire Rooted, T-mobile SGS3 rooted, Note 10.1 rooted / GDE=360s of fun!! / pinkventure.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq View Post
That is correct. Or you cold use the escape sequence instead of quotes.
Code:
sh /system/sd/bart.sh Double\ post -d -u -m -f -u -q knockeduphooker9.1.1Full10-26-09
Buy me some meds

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fff View Post
in cmd driver number showing.but in kfu boot status unknown...adb driver composit installed..
why that? kfu trouble?kindle version 6.3.3 is 6.3.2 same thing?
see firmware 6.3.3 -=Post your rooting progress here=-

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Please don't just start a new thread, when you don't get the answer you want.
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fff View Post
Not Kfu. In cmd kindle fire tooting
no toot for 6.3.3, cmd other otherwise
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1258
To root new update 6.3.3, you need a fastboot/factory cable, adb/ fastboot.exe files, FFF bootloader.bin, twrp.img, and my prerooted 6.3.3 zip
Kindle Fire Utility does not work with 6.3.3 update

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]