No registration required

[Q] kindle 6.3.3 how to root?

OP my fff

19th June 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob251

so you have successfully rooted a kindle fire hd running 6.3.3? I have spent all day trying to figure out how to root mine and install a version of jelly bean. Could you point me in the direction of what versions of jellybean/kindle fire utility to use? i have tried using kf utility 0.9.9 and i have the same issue as you where it says the device is online but the boot status is unknown. Thx for the help.

Awww crapola. Nevermind. All I knew was that both of them were on 6.3.3, so I thought that was what they've always been on. Bzzzzt. The one that was working still has the adw launcher installed, but it doesn't have root any more. So THAT'S why KFU doesn't work on this new one.

They are my girlfriend's kids' kindles, and I told her not to ever update them, but I guess this one was pushed out.

So.... how long until theres a root kit for 6.3.3?
19th June 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #12  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorDave

Awww crapola. Nevermind. All I knew was that both of them were on 6.3.3, so I thought that was what they've always been on. Bzzzzt. The one that was working still has the adw launcher installed, but it doesn't have root any more. So THAT'S why KFU doesn't work on this new one.

They are my girlfriend's kids' kindles, and I told her not to ever update them, but I guess this one was pushed out.

So.... how long until theres a root kit for 6.3.3?

Hopefully soon, i heard towelroot this new program/website that roots a bunch of devices may work. have you heard anything about it? i dont want to brick my kindle.
19th June 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #13  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob251

Hopefully soon, i heard towelroot this new program/website that roots a bunch of devices may work. have you heard anything about it? i dont want to brick my kindle.

Didn't brick it, but didn't work either. The apk installs just fine, but when I click the "make it rain" button that says the device will reboot, nothing happens. The device does not reboot, and is not rooted. I tried rebooting the kindle and trying again with the same result. I guess I now fit the definition of insanity.
20th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #14  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorDave

Didn't brick it, but didn't work either. The apk installs just fine, but when I click the "make it rain" button that says the device will reboot, nothing happens. The device does not reboot, and is not rooted. I tried rebooting the kindle and trying again with the same result. I guess I now fit the definition of insanity.

And... tried V2 of towelroot this morning. Still no worky-worky.

Somebody get a straitjacket.
20th June 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
Old rooting methods not working yah...

What I have done -
1. fastboot using factory cable
2. install TWRP+FFF with KFU
3.flash modified pre-rooted ROM

If Amazon continues updating 1st gen, not sure there are lots of enthusiasts, who would continue rooting it. Thus decided to switch to alternative ROM. Well, stock is better for battery etc... etc... but as I do also have HDX and most of time use it, having stock ROM on 1st gen is not as crucial for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max-ML For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #16  
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Flag Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Thanks Meter: 1,303

5,350 posts
More
According to this post (and the post above^^), if you have a factory cable (special cable used to power on in bootloader mode), you can revert to a custom recovery and bootloader and then flash a 6.3.2 ROM. Problem then is avoiding another OTA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=2
Last edited by overground; 20th June 2014 at 07:34 PM.
21st June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,013

4,914 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fff

in cmd driver number showing.but in kfu boot status unknown...adb driver composit installed..
why that? kfu trouble?kindle version 6.3.3 is 6.3.2 same thing?

see firmware 6.3.3 -=Post your rooting progress here=-

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Please don't just start a new thread, when you don't get the answer you want.
22nd June 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota

4,914 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fff

Not Kfu. In cmd kindle fire tooting

no toot for 6.3.3, cmd other otherwise
23rd June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota

4,914 posts
Donate to Me
More
To root new update 6.3.3, you need a fastboot/factory cable, adb/ fastboot.exe files, FFF bootloader.bin, twrp.img, and my prerooted 6.3.3 zip
Kindle Fire Utility does not work with 6.3.3 update

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread