Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Gear Fit] How to install Gear Fit Retail Mode

OP pRo_lama

13th May 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ružomberok
Thanks Meter: 258

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
[How to install GearFit Retail Mode]

1. Change to Download mode on your GearFit device (See [Gear Fit] How to enter Download mode.pptx)
2. Refresh the GearFit Reatilmode binary on your GearFit by Odin3.0.95 (See [GearFit] Odin3 Guide_ENG.pptx)
3. Connect with GearFit and Galaxy S5 using GearFit Manger (See Galaxy S5&Gear Fit Retailmode Connection Guide_v03_1.pptx)
4. Activate GearFit Retailmode (See Galaxy S5&Gear Fit Retailmode Connection Guide_v03_1.pptx)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pRo_lama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ružomberok

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please can somebody explain what it retail mode ? It's when you unpack device from package and start, so that it's fresh new or ?
13th May 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRo_lama

Please can somebody explain what it retail mode ? It's when you unpack device from package and start, so that it's fresh new or ?

from those powerpoint presentations i conclude that retail mode is for retailers that put the devices for display. its nothing more than configuring the gear fit to never turn off the screen.
23rd June 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
Do you know if in this mode, the gear fit works exactly as in normal mode (with the only difference the screen always on) ??
I'll really like the possibility to keep the screen always on, but everything else the same...
23rd June 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ružomberok

1,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
I didn't test this Retailmode, but I suppose Gear Fit will work normally.
23rd June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
More
Not sure about the Gear Fit, but for Samsung phones retail mode resets the device every 30 mins (deletes everything/factory reset), for people won´t install any bloatware on it when used in stores. So watch out when trying it ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread