Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Gear Fit] How to install Gear Fit Retail Mode

Tip us?

pRo_lama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Default [Gear Fit] How to install Gear Fit Retail Mode

[How to install GearFit Retail Mode]

1. Change to Download mode on your GearFit device (See [Gear Fit] How to enter Download mode.pptx)
2. Refresh the GearFit Reatilmode binary on your GearFit by Odin3.0.95 (See [GearFit] Odin3 Guide_ENG.pptx)
3. Connect with GearFit and Galaxy S5 using GearFit Manger (See Galaxy S5&Gear Fit Retailmode Connection Guide_v03_1.pptx)
4. Activate GearFit Retailmode (See Galaxy S5&Gear Fit Retailmode Connection Guide_v03_1.pptx)
# LG G3 (32GB)
# Google Nexus 7 (2013): OmniROM 4.4.4 - unlocked bootloader - rooted
# Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350): R350XXU0BNE5 - black/orange strap - GFM v1.67.0523
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pRo_lama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pRo_lama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Please can somebody explain what it retail mode ? It's when you unpack device from package and start, so that it's fresh new or ?
# LG G3 (32GB)
# Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350): R350XXU0BNE5 - black/orange strap - GFM v1.67.0523

hotochan123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRo_lama View Post
Please can somebody explain what it retail mode ? It's when you unpack device from package and start, so that it's fresh new or ?
from those powerpoint presentations i conclude that retail mode is for retailers that put the devices for display. its nothing more than configuring the gear fit to never turn off the screen.

FixB
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Do you know if in this mode, the gear fit works exactly as in normal mode (with the only difference the screen always on) ??
I'll really like the possibility to keep the screen always on, but everything else the same...

pRo_lama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
I didn't test this Retailmode, but I suppose Gear Fit will work normally.
# LG G3 (32GB)

Lukeenho
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Not sure about the Gear Fit, but for Samsung phones retail mode resets the device every 30 mins (deletes everything/factory reset), for people won´t install any bloatware on it when used in stores. So watch out when trying it ...