Ask a question

No registration required

Need SIM for GPS?

OP Einsteindks

18th June 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

288 posts
Pulled my old razor max out of retirement to update it and such. No GPS signal, no satellites seen, absolutely zero. It has no SIM card, my Droid Maxx is the main operating phone. I almost always had GPS problems, but when the razor was in the car dock, everything sprang to life just fine. Has the residual effect of an inserted SIM card worn out, am I a victim of a ROM bug, or is it simply because there is no SIM card installed? Numerous ROMs are on the phone thanks to safestrap, gummy, CyanogenMod, stock, and modified blur. All have no signal.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
18th June 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

288 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsteindks

Pulled my old razor max out of retirement to update it and such. No GPS signal, no satellites seen, absolutely zero. It has no SIM card, my Droid Maxx is the main operating phone. I almost always had GPS problems, but when the razor was in the car dock, everything sprang to life just fine. Has the residual effect of an inserted SIM card worn out, am I a victim of a ROM bug, or is it simply because there is no SIM card installed? Numerous ROMs are on the phone thanks to safestrap, gummy, CyanogenMod, stock, and modified blur. All have no signal.

update/more info: While in the factory car dock, the stock ROM works fine powered or unpowered. Modified blur will work only when powered. Out of the car dock, both are dead for GPS signal. my guess is something doesn't turn on properly. Both ROMs are fresh flashed.

19th June 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,227 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you need to download the gps assistance data once after you flash the ROM.
Download some GPS status app and either through a SIM card or wifi, get the data once.
It should work afterwords.

From the E
23rd June 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

288 posts
If I throw a SIM card in the phone, it boots my droid Maxx off as main phone. After I tune up the Razr Maxx, of sorts, I'm not sure if I am going to cause a problem switching back to the Droid Maxx. If this problem requires a SIM card to stay in the phone, I'll have to live without it In the backup phone.

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread