Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD Card problem

Tip us?

sawyerbenjamin
Old
(Last edited by sawyerbenjamin; 23rd June 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Sorry, got 4.4.2 on the brain. I have no idea of stock JB had that same symptom or not.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Its fine. Haha. And sorry again for the late reply.
Any other suggestions?

I'm contemplating updating to Kitkat just to fix it, but dont wanna root again. My phone already downloaded it for me.
Also if there is a way to strictly backup all of my apps (to avoid downloading them all) I guess I could factory reset.
Which would be less work?

Unless there an alternative to both.

Thanks!

-Also an update. tried downloading a file sent to me through Facebook. Says there is no SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to sawyerbenjamin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerbenjamin View Post
Its fine. Haha. And sorry again for the late reply.
Any other suggestions?

I'm contemplating updating to Kitkat just to fix it, but dont wanna root again. My phone already downloaded it for me.
Also if there is a way to strictly backup all of my apps (to avoid downloading them all) I guess I could factory reset.
Which would be less work?

Unless there an alternative to both.

Thanks!

-Also an update. tried downloading a file sent to me through Facebook. Says there is no SD card.
I'm not sure what you used to format the SD Card. But I would suggest SD Formatter. When you are to done to really speed up file transfer, you can use TeraCopy. To backup my Apps I use Titanium Backup. Just be careful restoring too much Data, as it has been known to cause issues. Lastly you can use Rom Toolbox to make all future apps install to the SD Card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sawyerbenjamin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
I'm not sure what you used to format the SD Card. But I would suggest SD Formatter. When you are to done to really speed up file transfer, you can use TeraCopy. To backup my Apps I use Titanium Backup. Just be careful restoring too much Data, as it has been known to cause issues. Lastly you can use Rom Toolbox to make all future apps install to the SD Card.
I used my laptop, Windows 8.
I guess I can try formatting it with that tool, and then use Titanium backup if that doesnt work. Idk why I never thought of that, I've used it before.
Thanks!
Tags
error, sd card, siii