Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]S4 Mini LTE After Root Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Not Working

Tip us?

KyeWalker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q]S4 Mini LTE After Root Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Not Working

Hi Guys, I thought I would make a thread here as i can not seem to be able to find a solution. Rooted my device obviously, everything is fine until I installed a "Kernel" (cant remember author) to overclock mainly then encountered several problems. 1: Wi-Fi has become unstable. It seems to either crash my phone or signal disappears after my phone is on standby for a period of time (variable). 2: My Bluetooth just does not work. At all!! I have not done anything more to my device so the solution (hopefully). I forgot to mention that it is STOCK ROM. I do not wish to wipe my phone clean, i want to find a fix. Possibly a more stable kernel. Overclocking does not want to happen either but the "Governor's, I/O Scheduler's and Underclocking" do work. If there is anything more you guys need to know please ask!!

Looking forward to ideas

Kye

TNCS
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyeWalker View Post
Hi Guys, I thought I would make a thread here as i can not seem to be able to find a solution. Rooted my device obviously, everything is fine until I installed a "Kernel" (cant remember author) to overclock mainly then encountered several problems. 1: Wi-Fi has become unstable. It seems to either crash my phone or signal disappears after my phone is on standby for a period of time (variable). 2: My Bluetooth just does not work. At all!! I have not done anything more to my device so the solution (hopefully). I forgot to mention that it is STOCK ROM. I do not wish to wipe my phone clean, i want to find a fix. Possibly a more stable kernel. Overclocking does not want to happen either but the "Governor's, I/O Scheduler's and Underclocking" do work. If there is anything more you guys need to know please ask!!

Looking forward to ideas

Kye
It not the root that causing the issue, it the kernel that tried. If I remember correctly there's only two kernel for the S4 mini that allows overclcoking, and one of them has stopped developerment since last year. That leaves the F4k kernel.

He has two different kernels: one for the AOSP/CM (custom) ROM another is also a bit outdated for the default Samsung TouchWiz ROM. Are you sure you've download the correct kernel?

KyeWalker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS View Post
It not the root that causing the issue, it the kernel that tried. If I remember correctly there's only two kernel for the S4 mini that allows overclcoking, and one of them has stopped developerment since last year. That leaves the F4k kernel.

He has two different kernels: one for the AOSP/CM (custom) ROM another is also a bit outdated for the default Samsung TouchWiz ROM. Are you sure you've download the correct kernel?
Well to my knowledge I had used the correct kernel....... I never used one from here but I did find a website claiming that F4k has a stock over clocking kernel...... Unfortunately for the life of me I can not find this website. I've managed to overclock with success using a apk. I found on here (performance control) brilliant tool!! Is there any chance you able to post a link to this stock kernel you talk about so I can test myself and report back? Everything else is working without a problem apart from Wi-Fi and bluetooth.

Kye

TNCS
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyeWalker View Post
Well to my knowledge I had used the correct kernel....... I never used one from here but I did find a website claiming that F4k has a stock over clocking kernel...... Unfortunately for the life of me I can not find this website. I've managed to overclock with success using a apk. I found on here (performance control) brilliant tool!! Is there any chance you able to post a link to this stock kernel you talk about so I can test myself and report back? Everything else is working without a problem apart from Wi-Fi and bluetooth.

Kye
For custom ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568479
For Samsung TW ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636890

KyeWalker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default summarise.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS View Post
So I've come to a conclusion after many weeks of testing and searching........ Unfortunately the overclock kernel for "TouchWiz" roms is unstable........ looking through forums I can see that F4k has only realised a "test" version....... on the other hand I have found a kernel from Vikinger (if spelt correctly) that's has fixed my issue and is working great... shame it isn't overclocked nor under and has no additional governors..... any one with ideas please feel free to share..... many thanks.

Kye