FORUMS

Most Weirdest Thing

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By LimitedStreak, Member on 23rd June 2014, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

So today my friend asked me to check out his Galaxy S3 because all of a sudden his phone went off and went into a boot loop with just the samsung galaxy s3 start screen appearing then dissapearing. His recovery menu didn't show up but download mode did so I went into ODIN and tried everything (different pc's, usb's, disabling KIES) and kept getting some PIT file error (I had re partition unchecked, i think the error was 'Can't read PIT'). So I gave him it back and asked him to try taking it to Samsung as he has official firmware and stuff.

After I gave him his phone and came home, I had some music playing on my phone and all of a sudden... BAM! I was stuck in a bootloop with the same problem! No idea whatsoever as to why.

Yesterday I flashed CM11 on my Galaxy S4, everything was perfectly fine and today it's stuck in a loop on the Galaxy S4 boot screen (Not samsung logo). I can access recovery and download and have wiped data, cache and dalvik cache and still no luck.

Before CM11 I was on stock samsung 4.4 with knox flag as 0x1

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You

23rd June 2014, 09:36 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,296

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

As you can still boot in recovery the best would wipe system and reflash the ROM, also wipe data again just to be sure . Also I will recommend you to flash a CyanogenMod Snapshot rom, as they are usually more stable than nightlies, and the latter can bootloop your device.

Do not worry, usually bootloops are not a main issue .
~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread