Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone has no signal

Tip us?

vampyric_blood
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Phone has no signal

This is my first smart phone, I had a Asus TF700 tablet that i unlocked and did a lot of custom ROM work on. Well I am military moving back to the US soon and i was visiting to take my wife back. I bought a Verizon M8 that of course was unlocked but i was going to use t-mobile. While in the states i had the issues that is common with this setup and was losing 4g, couldnt text while on 4g, etc. At this point i flew back over to europe and thought i could use t-mobile's deal of unlimited text and data in other countries. But i dont receive a signal at all. Started looking into how to unlock and custom ROM to fix the issues. I watched all the videos and read the how-tos that i could find and did the firewater to S-off and unlock. I installed TWRP 2.7.1.0 since it was the latest on the TWRP website. I changed over to superCID. I have installed viperONE M8 ROM. I tried flashing the ATT radios that i could find in tread on the regular M8 boards but after i flashed it, it would boot up all the way, i still didnt get any bars for signal but after about 5 minutes it would just reboot. i reflashed my originial radio and it worked fine again. Well i just tried to flash the WWE radio and same thing happened. Is there something i am missing to flash radios and not have it bootloop? Also, anyone have any ideas on what i can do to get signal on my phone? I have data roaming enabled and anything else i can find about roaming enabled. Thanks for any help.

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 96
In a nutshell you purchased the wrong unit.
The Verizon unit is a CDMA based version of the HTC One M8. So the Sprint and verizon share similar radios.
Your trying to use that on a GSM network. Not compatible.
You would need an AT&T / T-Mobile or Google Play Edition version for what your trying to do.

Some people have bricked their phones flashing CDMA to GSM and visa verse so be careful. Theres a lot more detail there but that pretty much covers it.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users