Tweaking Verizon Network Extender?

23rd June 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Im wondering if there is a way to optimize my network extender. I have a house in rural virginia with no wired internet, other than 56k. Having grown up in suburbia I grew pretty used to having 10+mbps internet so my only option was satellite internet. So I picked up hughes net which is 10mbps down and 1.5mbps up. Its pretty fast but the lag from pining satellites is insane.

Technically my internet is "fast" enough for the network extender. Texts work fine and so does the incoming on voice calls but when ever you talk back the other person just hears garble. So I cant figure out why the network extender is breaking up my up stream on the voice when the down works perfect. I mean there is lag either way so Im trying to figure out why my voice gets clipped instead of there just being a delay.

Im kind of curious is theres some sort of response time build into the boxes firmware that could be modded to play nicer with the satellite internet. Coming up pretty empty on the net... Most just say those things dont work with satellite internet but considering the fact that I receive calls perfectly Im not buying it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread