Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot change baseband

Tip us?

arknailed7754
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
Default [Q] Cannot change baseband

okay..got an s4 on o2. Used the unlock method, to get into the utms menu, i updated the baseband with a certain version,now it just wont change it via the odin flash? Any ideas. The handset is unlocked but for some reason, whenever i lock the phone and turn back on,the network drops. If i keep the screen on,the network remains. Ive tried a few roms and tried changing the baseband on all of them

but for some reason it wont stick...any ideas?
By the way the thanks button is there for a reason,shame they dont have a 'jog on' button either

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arknailed7754 View Post
okay..got an s4 on o2. Used the unlock method, to get into the utms menu, i updated the baseband with a certain version,now it just wont change it via the odin flash? Any ideas. The handset is unlocked but for some reason, whenever i lock the phone and turn back on,the network drops. If i keep the screen on,the network remains. Ive tried a few roms and tried changing the baseband on all of them

but for some reason it wont stick...any ideas?
Try this one mate

Turn off your device
Boot into downloadmode
Open Odin / Select Phone/CP
Untick Autoreboot
Flash modem
Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Power+Vol down)
Flash Modem once more
Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arknailed7754
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 389
That worked spot on. Phones still unlocked. Not network drops at all.

Thank you mate

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
By the way the thanks button is there for a reason,shame they dont have a 'jog on' button either

tagz0417
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I have a questions on iphone unlocking... I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this.

I have an iphone4g japan release. I have checked the imei number 012425004224049 online.. Showed that it's not blacklisted on softbank but is blacklisted on verizon.

1. How was it possible to be blacklisted with verizon and it was a japan release iphone?

2. Is there a way to reflash iphone baseband running on ios7.1.1 from BB 4.12.09 to 1.59.00 to be able use gevey sim?

3. Is it possible to replace ios7.1.1 baseband file ice_4.12.09 in the ipsw and replace it with the unlockable BB file ice_1.59.00

Then restore the iphone with the customized ipsw?

4. Can we reverse engineer ipsw file? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk