Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Killed my phone on my birthday. Oh dea :(

Tip us?
 
jcurran.jc
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 289
Join Date: May 2012
Default Killed my phone on my birthday. Oh dea :(

Thought I would have a little play with putting a custom rom on my rom,

don't know where I went wrong but I killed the hell outta my phone, its completely dead.

If I press the volume button it just keeps vibrating

if u press down volume I get a green and blue light for a sec the off

if I press the volume up I get a solid blue light.

Any advice would be great if anyone has experienced this

Thank uuuuuu
 
badaas
Old
#2  
badaas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 860
Join Date: Feb 2008
You need to look up Sony fastboot and what the colors mean. One is fastboot mode so you can flash via USB using android tools, ie boot loader mode.

/sent from a toilet in a galaxy far far away

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Here you go, though z2 not listed yet but I guess is the same..

http://androidxda.com/enable-fastboo...ria-smartphone

/sent from a toilet in a galaxy far far away

Android G1 -> unlocked TC5-RC8 Rooted & Booted - RIP
XOOM 3G MZ601 -> OMNI BigPart + ElementalX
Xperia Mini ST15i -> Real ICS 6 + LuPuS - DUNKED IN COFFEE STILL GOING!!!
NEXUS 4 -> MAHDI 444 + matr1x 14 full f2fs ftwz0r..
 
earthtk
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 182
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurran.jc View Post
Thought I would have a little play with putting a custom rom on my rom,

don't know where I went wrong but I killed the hell outta my phone, its completely dead.

If I press the volume button it just keeps vibrating

if u press down volume I get a green and blue light for a sec the off

if I press the volume up I get a solid blue light.

Any advice would be great if anyone has experienced this

Thank uuuuuu
Haha I experienced that before. Mine "died" too and no one offered me solutions here=(.. just use flashtool and flash a stock firmware and you are good to go.
 
jcurran.jc
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 289
Join Date: May 2012
Main problem is flashtool won't install the drivers,

it just constantly says there not installed even though I know they are

Any advice
 
Mr.Rô
Old
#5  
Mr.Rô's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 374
Join Date: Aug 2008
Are you running 32 or 64 bit? If 64,disable driver signature enforcement either by f8 at boot for win7 or advanced start up options for win8/.1

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
 
stanley08
Old
#6  
stanley08's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1606
Posts: 2,156
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Accra, Ghana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurran.jc View Post
Main problem is flashtool won't install the drivers,

it just constantly says there not installed even though I know they are

Any advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô View Post
Are you running 32 or 64 bit? If 64,disable driver signature enforcement either by f8 at boot for win7 or advanced start up options for win8/.1

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Easier way
On Windows 8 or 8.1 you might get error while installing drivers (X instead of tick).
How to fix this, open command prompt as admin and run the codes below then attempt to install again
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

You can use 'enable' in first command and 'OFF' in second command later. Cheers!


Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Bootloader Status: UNLOCKED!
ROM: Latest CyanogenMod 11 ROM
Kernel: CM Kernel


Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: Stock Germany NG2
Kernel: Googy-Max 3 TW v1.1.1


JOIN THE XPERIA Z2 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to stanley08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more