XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to remove China Unicom bloatware and Google Play Store block

Tip us?

acewilborne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to remove China Unicom bloatware and Google Play Store block

I recently bought a new phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos GT-S6812i. I'm the kind of person to actually play with his smartphone, so I tried updating my version. But updating my phone resulted in having a Chinese version (the only update) from China Unicom. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of chinese apps. I rooted my phone and I was able to remove most of them, but I just CAN NOT use Google Play.

Can anyone help me out removing the block

P.S: I also wish to have the China Unicom boot animation removed and the official Samsung boot animation back

mohit378
Old
Thanks Meter 21
just flash stock firmware using odin....
If i helped you Don't forget to hit THANKS !

XPERIA Z1>XPERIA L>XPERIA S | Unlocked Bootloader | Rooted | DooMLoRD Kernel |
SAMSUNG NOTE II

rkk253755
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by acewilborne View Post
I recently bought a new phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos GT-S6812i. I'm the kind of person to actually play with his smartphone, so I tried updating my version. But updating my phone resulted in having a Chinese version (the only update) from China Unicom. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of chinese apps. I rooted my phone and I was able to remove most of them, but I just CAN NOT use Google Play.

P.S: I also wish to have the China Unicom boot animation removed and the official Samsung boot animation back
hi,

for restalling original bootanimation use this xda thread..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2063280

or you can change with this method...

"hongkiat.com/blog/change-android-boot-animation/"

or use thsi application from play store "Boot Animations ★ root"

---rkk

JFam5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had something like this from Japan. Problem is that unless there is a full root and unlock you are stuck with the rom. You can get full or soft root and use TB to freeze some apps and see what remains stable. You probably won't be able to freeze or uninstall all of the apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jhony_ale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acewilborne View Post

and resolvistes about your phone just happened to me and wanted to know what did you do your

daniloramos1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nee a Help

I need help too. I need the stock firmware can someone provide?

asimadeel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Same Issue

Same Model and Same Issue I am facing. I have done many experiments but i am unable to get rid of Chinese apps, except i force stop them.

Secondly I finally got able to install many of the apps using app search tool but still my Google Play Store is not working and i am again and again getting message that unfortunately Google play services stopped working. Hangout is unable to signin. Gmail, Maps, Youtube are working. Google Plus is not getting installed. Also there i couldn't find any option to have Google Contacts Sync in it.

If anyone can help to resolve this issue, i will be really grateful.