Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Can i request a battery saver mode port/make similar to the S5 and M8?

OP livelysins96

1st June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

76 posts
Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys!
1st June 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysins96

Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys!

Pretty sure a large part of the those two phones' power saving modes rely heavily on a power saving feature of the Snapdragon 801, and we only have the 800, so a full port would not be possible.
1st June 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,131

9,181 posts
More
Best you can do is create per app profiles with different frequencies, I know setcpu & faux clock can do this. Also could manually disable things.

Transmitted From Burning Gundam
1st June 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag TR, NJ
Thanks Meter: 41

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafon

Pretty sure a large part of the those two phones' power saving modes rely heavily on a power saving feature of the Snapdragon 801, and we only have the 800, so a full port would not be possible.

Any more information on this? I haven't heard of an extra power saving mode on the 801.
1st June 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57

Any more information on this? I haven't heard of an extra power saving mode on the 801.

It seemed like I heard a lot more about it when the 801 was first announced. Not very specific, but I found this on Qualcomm's website:

"As with all Snapdragon processors, Qualcomm Technologies continues to achieve superior processing performance through the unique and efficient integration of its custom-designed processing engines, including Qualcomm Technologies' heterogeneous computing architecture. The Snapdragon 801 enables breakthrough, low-power mobile user experiences by utilizing just the right processing engine or combination of processing engines for a given task."

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2...dragon-801-mwc
1st June 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
+11111111111111111111
2nd June 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #7  
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
It's not for 801 only cause HTC m7 have this tool now after the new update.
2nd June 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 197

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually there are a lot of things that you can do to save battery: turn off data, fall back to 2G network, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc... keep lightness low... The ROM you are using also affects your battery life.

BUT anyway, G2 is really a battery saver itself alr... but i am using CarbonROM now, and the battery saver mode is great.
2nd June 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 20

446 posts
More
Honestly I don't really see why this phone needs it. This phone has an extremely good battery, I could last 2 days of proper use out of it sometimes.
24th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

76 posts

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread