Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can i request a battery saver mode port/make similar to the S5 and M8?

Tip us?

livelysins96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Can i request a battery saver mode port/make similar to the S5 and M8?

Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys!

Nafon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysins96 View Post
Anybody else all for this? Not that the G2 needs it but it would be nice after a day of heavy gaming to something to the effect of the S5 battery saver, and it would shut up some fan boys!
Pretty sure a large part of the those two phones' power saving modes rely heavily on a power saving feature of the Snapdragon 801, and we only have the 800, so a full port would not be possible.

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1,124
Best you can do is create per app profiles with different frequencies, I know setcpu & faux clock can do this. Also could manually disable things.

Transmitted From Burning Gundam
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafon View Post
Pretty sure a large part of the those two phones' power saving modes rely heavily on a power saving feature of the Snapdragon 801, and we only have the 800, so a full port would not be possible.

Any more information on this? I haven't heard of an extra power saving mode on the 801.
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2

Nafon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
Any more information on this? I haven't heard of an extra power saving mode on the 801.
It seemed like I heard a lot more about it when the 801 was first announced. Not very specific, but I found this on Qualcomm's website:

"As with all Snapdragon processors, Qualcomm Technologies continues to achieve superior processing performance through the unique and efficient integration of its custom-designed processing engines, including Qualcomm Technologies' heterogeneous computing architecture. The Snapdragon 801 enables breakthrough, low-power mobile user experiences by utilizing just the right processing engine or combination of processing engines for a given task."

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2...dragon-801-mwc

tarexGOtlass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+11111111111111111111

tarexGOtlass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's not for 801 only cause HTC m7 have this tool now after the new update.

JTJTJ
Old
Thanks Meter 151

DONATE TO ME
Actually there are a lot of things that you can do to save battery: turn off data, fall back to 2G network, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc... keep lightness low... The ROM you are using also affects your battery life.

BUT anyway, G2 is really a battery saver itself alr... but i am using CarbonROM now, and the battery saver mode is great.

sebastianlow
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Honestly I don't really see why this phone needs it. This phone has an extremely good battery, I could last 2 days of proper use out of it sometimes.
LG G2

Motorola E398 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K610 > Nokia N95 8GB > Nokia 5800 XpressMusic > HTC Desire> HTC Desire Z >
Nokia Lumia 710 > HTC Butterfly > Sony Xperia Z >LG G2

livelysins96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24