Ask a question

No registration required

Battery life: HD vs HD+ and CM10.1 vs CM10.2

OP lmacmil

29th May 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

181 posts
I have an HD running 10.1.3 stable and my wife's HD+ is on 10.2.1 stable. Her battery life is significantly worse than mine. I do mostly websurfing and forums, she does websurfing and a crossword puzzle app. Today the HD battery charge was 65% after 1 day, 15 hours. The HD+ was 14% after 2 days 14 hours. The strange thing is Android OS was the #1 user on the HD+ and Google Services was 2nd, together they totaled 35%. On the HD, screen was #1 user and tablet idle was #2 (Android OS was #3).

So my questions are: 1) are there significant battery life differences between the HD and the HD+ and 2) does 10.2.1 consume more charge than 10.1.3 given similar usage?

Added: I set up both tablets so other than the CM version, they are set up almost identically.
Last edited by lmacmil; 29th May 2014 at 05:09 PM.
19th June 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 78

306 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil

I have an HD running 10.1.3 stable and my wife's HD+ is on 10.2.1 stable. Her battery life is significantly worse than mine. I do mostly websurfing and forums, she does websurfing and a crossword puzzle app. Today the HD battery charge was 65% after 1 day, 15 hours. The HD+ was 14% after 2 days 14 hours. The strange thing is Android OS was the #1 user on the HD+ and Google Services was 2nd, together they totaled 35%. On the HD, screen was #1 user and tablet idle was #2 (Android OS was #3).

So my questions are: 1) are there significant battery life differences between the HD and the HD+ and 2) does 10.2.1 consume more charge than 10.1.3 given similar usage?

Added: I set up both tablets so other than the CM version, they are set up almost identically.

I think you need to think this through a bit more...

The HD and the HD+ are two quite different devices. The hd has a smaller screen and is 720p. The hd+ has a bigger screen and is 1080p. The hd+ requires more power to push that + more light output because of bigger screen. And more. They cannot really be compared apples to apples. The hd+ will definitely consume more battery than the hd.

Adding two different ROM versions only compounds it.

If you want to know if there's difference battery life between 10.1 & 10.2 then it will have to be done on the same device. In that case, I've noticed no or little difference from 10.1 through 11.0.

Google services is a hog the farther down the line you go. https://www.google.com/search?client...utf-8&oe=utf-8 - though its been improved from the earlier problems and disabling google search helps too or whatever else. On mine with heavy usage google services are somewhere < 2% atm (cm11).
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 19th June 2014 at 04:49 AM.
23rd June 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsofmyst

If you want to know if there's difference battery life between 10.1 & 10.2 then it will have to be done on the same device. In that case, I've noticed no or little difference from 10.1 through 11.0.

Thanks. I added an app to hers that kills processes when the Nook is sleeping (can't remember the name off hand) and that definitely improved her battery life.
23rd June 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil

Thanks. I added an app to hers that kills processes when the Nook is sleeping (can't remember the name off hand) and that definitely improved her battery life.

Greenify?
24th June 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
No it was another one. Her Nook is off now. I'll check next time it's on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread