Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] my Hercules wont stay powered down

Tip us?

kaiserXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] my Hercules wont stay powered down

My Hercules schedule t989 TMo US always boots up if the charging cord is plugged in. Sometimes when the battery is real low I want to shut the phone down completely and let it charge while its powered down. But, my phone won't stay powered down if the cord is plugged in. Whether I leave it in and power down or plug it in after power down it instantly boots up. And if the battery is too low, it will go into a power up loop. It will keep trying to power up but there isnt enough power so it sguts down and tries to start again, and over and over.
Is there a way to fix this?
If you read my signature below you will see the ROM I'm running.
Able to read and post using either my SGH-I897 Captivate (no longer AT&T) , or my SGH-T989 Galaxy S2 Hercules. Both rooted, sometimes stock, sometimes not. The two best phones to own. And always, thanks to everyone on this site.
I'm using XDA Premium. Right now my Captivate is running on Jellybean 4.2.2 AOCP 5.9.5 Build By The Collective. The Hercules is running on AOCP 6.4.1. Android 4.3.1 The Collective.
Thanks to everyone in The Collective.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,560
I read a few things on this. It obviously could be ROM/kernel related.

But apparently a high powered charger, like over 1amp can cause this. Are you using a tablet charger or other device? Or the one that came with it???
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips