Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rapid Battery Loss & Rebooting Restores Battery?

Tip us?

NaxIonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] Rapid Battery Loss & Rebooting Restores Battery?

So, my battery is wack... and I think it's only been acting like this since I went to a KK ROM? Maybe? Feels like it...
I've had this tablet since it was released last fall, and this behavior is very recent.

Anyways, it dies FAST. Like nose dives in a matter of 5-15 minutes. What's even weirder, is that sometimes, if I power cycle the device, it'll jump up by 30-60%. But then just dies again in another 5-15 minutes.

And there's a screenshot after I just power-cycled.
It jumped from 11% to 71%!!

Crazy!

I've also tried letting it get to 5% then charging it to 100%, done that twice. No luck. I don't know if this is related, but if I power it completely off, and plug it in, it turns on... kinda weird. My Note 3 doesn't do that, it just stays off and shows the battery charge indicator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-22.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	2807497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-19-16-11-29.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	2807498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-47.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	2807499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-19-17-15-32.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	2807500  

Rupar4o
Old
(Last edited by Rupar4o; 20th June 2014 at 06:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaxIonz View Post
So, my battery is wack... and I think it's only been acting like this since I went to a KK ROM? Maybe? Feels like it...
I've had this tablet since it was released last fall, and this behavior is very recent.

Anyways, it dies FAST. Like nose dives in a matter of 5-15 minutes. What's even weirder, is that sometimes, if I power cycle the device, it'll jump up by 30-60%. But then just dies again in another 5-15 minutes.

And there's a screenshot after I just power-cycled.
It jumped from 11% to 71%!!

Crazy!

I've also tried letting it get to 5% then charging it to 100%, done that twice. No luck. I don't know if this is related, but if I power it completely off, and plug it in, it turns on... kinda weird. My Note 3 doesn't do that, it just stays off and shows the battery charge indicator.
Hi, I have similar problem and I am with 4.3 android. I have battery loss when I play games. It drops to 2-3% really fast and after reboot it goes up to 35-40%. Once I fully depleted my battery and charge it. This time there were no battery lost. After the second charging problem persists.

If you manage to fixed it please tell us how.

NaxIonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupar4o View Post
Hi, I have similar problem and I am with 4.3 android. I have battery loss when I play games. It drops to 2-3% really fast and after reboot it goes up to 35-40%. Once I fully depleted my battery and charge it. This time there were no battery lost. After the second charging problem persists.

If you manage to fixed it please tell us how.
No fix yet... still looking for a solution

Rupar4o
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaxIonz View Post
No fix yet... still looking for a solution
In other thread one guy says that he has the same problem and he just go to the store and they change his battery.

NaxIonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupar4o View Post
In other thread one guy says that he has the same problem and he just go to the store and they change his battery.
Well, I doubt that I can do that since I have a Custom ROM on my tablet

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vashminted
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Default same here

I have a similar problem with my p600. the tablet is new, got it since a month or less.
at first i was amazed of the battery life i use it a lot for work writing documents and sheets on excel, battery used to perfom quite well giving me more than 5 hours of screen on, but recently the battery starts to drop very fast, now i can barely get around 2 hours of screen on.
i've already done 2 cycles of full discharge and then charge it completely with the tablet turned off. but the problem stills.
also sometimes when i reboot the tablet the battery goes from i.e 20% to 40% after the reboot.
im still looking for a fix or solution, today i found a new official firmware for my model (4.4 firmware for telcel mexico). going to wait until the tablet is fully charged and then flash the new firmware. I dont know if its going to help but i got nothing to lose.
by the way, sending it to semsung is not an option because of knox 0x1
Phone: Samsung galaxy S4 (i337M)
ROM:Stock 4.3
Kernel: Stock

I will help others whenever I can
I wont ever apologize for my bad english
I'm not afraid of brick my phone