Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Question about AT&T new RUU.

OP robjbw

21st June 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

119 posts
I currently have my AT&T HTC One m8 bootloader unlocked and s-off. If I run the new full Ruu that was released, will it restore my device to stock? Will it relock my bootloader and turn s-on??? Or will it brick my One? I like to restore to stock so I can receive updates and I'm okay leaving the bootloader unlocked and keeping s-off. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st June 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 344

1,241 posts
More
All it will do is write the stock Rom, firmware and recovery. You will still be locked/unlocked and soff

The Following User Says Thank You to Android The Greek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,138

7,112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjbw

I like to restore to stock so I can receive updates and I'm okay leaving the bootloader unlocked and keeping s-off.

Its safe to do. But IMO OTA updates don't belong on modded phones. You have the ability to install the same or better since you are BL unlocked and S-off. Going back to stock recovery and ROM is a step backwards.

This is my 4th HTC Android device, and the number of times I've installed an OTA update is ZERO.
23rd June 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pottstown

1,241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Its safe to do. But IMO OTA updates don't belong on modded phones. You have the ability to install the same or better since you are BL unlocked and S-off. Going back to stock recovery and ROM is a step backwards.

This is my 4th HTC Android device, and the number of times I've installed an OTA update is ZERO.

Just out of curiosity what Rom do you run redpoint?

23rd June 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,138

7,112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android The Greek

Just out of curiosity what Rom do you run redpoint?

I'm not a fan of the questions "what is your favorite ROM", "best ROM" etc. Its a highly personal choice, and what works for me, may not be the "best" others.

But I am currently on InsertCoin. IMO, almost anything is preferable to stock. InsertCoin happens to have the features I want, and not too much that I don't. I'm personally drawn to Sense-based ROMs, with stock look (but cleaned up and optimized). And I prefer international base to AT&T base.
Last edited by redpoint73; 23rd June 2014 at 04:36 PM.
24th June 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #6  
Flag Pottstown

1,241 posts
More
No disrespect and I understand your response. Was just curious what you personally were running at the moment. I agree with your response on international base. Wish there was an ruu. Since my m7 I got spoiled flashing ruu.zips instead of roms.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread