[patch] hdmi multichannel

Search This thread

lucize

Aug 1, 2012
with this patch you can have multichannel output over hdmi, it is based on ffmpeg to decode the multichannel sound and send it as pcm. Also Apollo can bitstream the sound file (dts/ac3 wav files, maybe flac too as multichannel pcm).
on my AVR the center is swapped with LFE, please test and let me know if is working for you.
the sourcecode is on cyanogenmod gerrit but until now is no merged so I compiled the files, this patch also contains ffmpeg 2.2.2 vs 2.1.4

01.07.2014 - updated for cm nightlies 4.4.4, still LFE bug

Regards

Attachments

• multichannel.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 152
  • multichannel-4.4.4.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Gizoid1337

Aug 31, 2006
Hello, I have a Motorola atrix 2 running an unofficial version of slimkat. based on android 4.4.3, and I have two questions

1. have you fixed the swapped center/lfe channels yet?

2. did you mean cyanogenmod that is 4.4.2 based or an older version.

I'm gonna test it now, I've got backups of my system already, gonna flash it seeing that the droid 4 is the same chipset and slightly faster. I'll report back whether or not multichannel partially works, if at all.

lucize

Aug 1, 2012
Hello, I have a Motorola atrix 2 running an unofficial version of slimkat. based on android 4.4.3, and I have two questions

1. have you fixed the swapped center/lfe channels yet?

2. did you mean cyanogenmod that is 4.4.2 based or an older version.

I'm gonna test it now, I've got backups of my system already, gonna flash it seeing that the droid 4 is the same chipset and slightly faster. I'll report back whether or not multichannel partially works, if at all.

is for images that already have ffmpeg in them (i made the patch small, didn't include all the files so it would be functional for earlier versions), if hdmi is working the multichannel should work, didn't had the time to investigate further about center/LFE but I think ffmpeg extractor is the fault.

I'll make a 4.4.4 patch ASAP

Regards

maisdoiscorregos

Aug 26, 2011
Dois Córregos
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
is for images that already have ffmpeg in them (i made the patch small, didn't include all the files so it would be functional for earlier versions), if hdmi is working the multichannel should work, didn't had the time to investigate further about center/LFE but I think ffmpeg extractor is the fault.

I'll make a 4.4.4 patch ASAP

Regards

Thanks for great work

Puppymang

Aug 11, 2014
the patch isnt required
edit: cm11 m12 has working hdmi already, didnt test cm12 but im assuming it does as well

Last edited:
Reactions: 93fuelslut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with this patch you can have multichannel output over hdmi, it is based on ffmpeg to decode the multichannel sound and send it as pcm. Also Apollo can bitstream the sound file (dts/ac3 wav files, maybe flac too as multichannel pcm).
    on my AVR the center is swapped with LFE, please test and let me know if is working for you.
    the sourcecode is on cyanogenmod gerrit but until now is no merged so I compiled the files, this patch also contains ffmpeg 2.2.2 vs 2.1.4

01.07.2014 - updated for cm nightlies 4.4.4, still LFE bug

Regards
    so based on this
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg108750.html
    quote: " Also there is still probably something wrong with
    speaker mapping of multi-channel streams."
    there is hope that channel mapping will be fixed sometime in the near future.

Regards
    the patch isnt required
    edit: cm11 m12 has working hdmi already, didnt test cm12 but im assuming it does as well