[Q] Flashing CM9 not working

22nd May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
I'm attemping to follow this guide, http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_d710, for installing cm9 on the e4gt but i'm unable to do so. I'm using ACS Recovery5 v1.0.0.0 as the recovery manager.

When I wipe data and factory reset i get no sort of confirmation that it has completed, i go on to wiping cache and dalvik cache and then get to the step of installing the cm9 zip and i get an error.

Code:
E:Error in /emmc/cm-9.1.0-galaxys2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.
When i reboot the phone after this error, none of my user data is gone, its as if the factory reset did not occur at all.
24th June 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, WI
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3athrow

I'm attemping to follow this guide, (im new so had to delete this link), for installing cm9 on the e4gt but i'm unable to do so. I'm using ACS Recovery5 v1.0.0.0 as the recovery manager.

When I wipe data and factory reset i get no sort of confirmation that it has completed, i go on to wiping cache and dalvik cache and then get to the step of installing the cm9 zip and i get an error.

Code:
E:Error in /emmc/cm-9.1.0-galaxys2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.
When i reboot the phone after this error, none of my user data is gone, its as if the factory reset did not occur at all.

To be completely honest, I have no idea what would cause this error. It shouldnt let you select anything else until the wipe is done. Ive been using the SXTP_Agat recovery (based on CWM) and its worked perfectly for over 20 wipes/flashes. I have it attached. It is a .tar file so just flash it thru odin and it should be there. Let me know if it doesnt work or you have any other issues.
Also, I found an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 10.1 somewhere a while back. Ill try to find the link and ill update this post to include it.
Good luck!

--Edit-- Heres that link to cyanogenmod 10.1
Attached Files
File Type: tar SXTP_Agat_FL24-v0.3.0.tar - [Click for QR Code] (7.19 MB, 0 views)
Last edited by invaderyugi; 24th June 2014 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Added a link to a newer version of a rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread