Touchscreen Issues: Intermittent loss of Knock on, band of non responsive area

OP puch0021

27th May 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 32

157 posts
More
About one week ago, my phone sporadically would lose knock on that would sometimes fix itself on reboot. Stock rooted 4.4.2 Kitkat.

About four days ago, my touchscreen began to intermittently bug out, clicking things, scrolling left and right, and preventing knock on from working. After turning on show screen touches in developer options, there is a 0.5 cm band where that the touches occur. You can literally see the phone producing touches and swipes in the area. The area will also not register my touches, if I draw a line from the top to the bottom of the screen, the band prevents any registered touch.

I thought it may be software related but I flashed Kitkat Derp G2 preview and nothing changed. The bug is even present in TRWP 2.7.

If I have TEP insurance with Sprint, will they replace my phone free of charge? I assume it is hardware.
Last edited by puch0021; 27th May 2014 at 05:56 AM.
24th June 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puch0021

About one week ago, my phone sporadically would lose knock on that would sometimes fix itself on reboot. Stock rooted 4.4.2 Kitkat.

About four days ago, my touchscreen began to intermittently bug out, clicking things, scrolling left and right, and preventing knock on from working. After turning on show screen touches in developer options, there is a 0.5 cm band where that the touches occur. You can literally see the phone producing touches and swipes in the area. The area will also not register my touches, if I draw a line from the top to the bottom of the screen, the band prevents any registered touch.

I thought it may be software related but I flashed Kitkat Derp G2 preview and nothing changed. The bug is even present in TRWP 2.7.

If I have TEP insurance with Sprint, will they replace my phone free of charge? I assume it is hardware.

HI. I'm experiencing exact problem as you. Not sure if you have resolved buy I'm thinking of heading down to sprint for a replacement. Some people think it's digitizer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread