Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Occasional random device restarting after root?

Tip us?

mikeeey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Occasional random device restarting after root?

Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. It was either after root, or after installing Xposed, or after installing SuperSU and disabling KNOX, but occasionally my device just resets. It at completely at random times too, but usually it does a quick freeze before it happens. For example in the most recent occasion I closed a tab in google chrome, then it lagged for a second, then just reset. The time before that I just swiped my homescreen to the left and it did the same thing.

papaskispartan
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Actually mine was doing this before I rooted. Had to be an app we have on our phone or something.

mikeeey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaskispartan View Post
Actually mine was doing this before I rooted. Had to be an app we have on our phone or something.
Strange.. I wonder what I installed.
It happened again today, but this time I was driving in my car and it was sitting next to me with the screen off, then suddenly I notice it's at teh AT&T Logo rebooting.

raynan
Old
Thanks Meter 123
This also started happening to me after rooting and installing a few mods e.g. Xposed, Viper4Android, etc...it hasn't happened since I tried switching to ART (it didn't want to switch, but all sorts of small things were fixed)