Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Occasional random device restarting after root?

OP mikeeey

21st June 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Everett, Washington
Thanks Meter: 16

1,227 posts
Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. It was either after root, or after installing Xposed, or after installing SuperSU and disabling KNOX, but occasionally my device just resets. It at completely at random times too, but usually it does a quick freeze before it happens. For example in the most recent occasion I closed a tab in google chrome, then it lagged for a second, then just reset. The time before that I just swiped my homescreen to the left and it did the same thing.
21st June 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

130 posts
Actually mine was doing this before I rooted. Had to be an app we have on our phone or something.
21st June 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Everett, Washington
Thanks Meter: 16

1,227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaskispartan

Actually mine was doing this before I rooted. Had to be an app we have on our phone or something.

Strange.. I wonder what I installed.
It happened again today, but this time I was driving in my car and it was sitting next to me with the screen off, then suddenly I notice it's at teh AT&T Logo rebooting.
24th June 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 352

558 posts
More
This also started happening to me after rooting and installing a few mods e.g. Xposed, Viper4Android, etc...it hasn't happened since I tried switching to ART (it didn't want to switch, but all sorts of small things were fixed)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread