Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E980 Keeps booting into CWM Recovery

Tip us?

LGPRO
Old
(Last edited by LGPRO; 22nd June 2014 at 10:45 PM.) Reason: Errors
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy E980 Keeps booting into CWM Recovery

I have the stock rom/kernel installed on my phone after being on CM11 for a while. The process worked fine and I have been on stock LG for about 2 weeks. This morning, I turned on my phone and it came up with a notification saying I can update the phone to a newer version. I clicked okay and it turned off into Clockwork Mod Recovery. It didn't update, and after waiting about 3 minuted I just went ahead and clicked on re-boot device. It showed the LG logo and then did the color rotation on the home button. Then it showed up Clockwork Mod Recovery again. So after rebooting and clearing user data, cache, and dalvik cache. The phone still boots into recovery. Please help!

luisoman2000
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGPRO View Post
I have the stock rom/kernel installed on my phone after being on CM11 for a while. The process worked fine and I have been on stock LG for about 2 weeks. This morning, I turned on my phone and it came up with a notification saying I can update the phone to a newer version. I clicked okay and it turned off into Clockwork Mod Recovery. It didn't update, and after waiting about 3 minuted I just went ahead and clicked on re-boot device. It showed the LG logo and then did the color rotation on the home button. Then it showed up Clockwork Mod Recovery again. So after rebooting and clearing user data, cache, and dalvik cache. The phone still boots into recovery. Please help!
flash twrp, reboot(say yes when prompted to fix root). If still in bootloop after that you will need to flash a rom.
Pantech Burst
Rooted and Gizmolord 3.0 (sold!)

Xperia Ion
Running Aoba_PureBlack_Ultimate Privacy(sold! Really miss it though)

Lg Optimus G(AT&T) (Sold 2 of em so far, expecting my 3rd)
Running EG8 Rom

Samsung Galaxy S
(loaner from a friend-retured)

BLU Dash 4.0 (JB 4.2 version)
Holding me off till i get my G pro. Loaned it to my bro while he fixes his S3

Lg optimus g Pro(finally!!)
Running Radeonmaya's Kitkat

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 280
same thing happened to me, was up all night trying to fix it. the solution was to use lgflashtool and flash back to a totally stock rom and start over. sure hope it doesn't happen again.

LGPRO
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this! View Post
same thing happened to me, was up all night trying to fix it. the solution was to use lgflashtool and flash back to a totally stock rom and start over. sure hope it doesn't happen again.
Do you have a link to where I can download lgflashtool, that can work with my E980?

fix-this!
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Do you have a link to where I can download lgflashtool, that can work with my E980?
Its in the lg g pro general section.

zamajalo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I've tried to revert rooted 4.1.2 with CWM via LG Mobile Support tool, but I got completely unexpected result - phone was updated to KitKat, so you can try that variant too.

Never install OTA updates when using custom recovery, unless you want trouble. OTA needs stock recovery.

Trotter516
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Been there, did that. I rooted and used FreeGee immediately after getting my OGP. Got a software update the next morning... BAM!

This is what you are looking for:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302660

spexwood
Old
(Last edited by spexwood; 24th June 2014 at 02:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Flash TWRP via your current rewcovery then follow post #9 here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53631232

Be sure to install the recovery I mention.

I really hate this bootloop issue and am really sad to see all these posts about people bricking their phones or getting bootloops etc.
I'm not saying that people are stupid or careless, it's just that we need a whole new set of recoveries, tools, etc for Kitkat and don;t have what's needed without causing problems.
I really wish I was a developer. I'd create all this stuff myself if I could.