FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Help]Google Maps Bugs

24th June 2014, 03:42 AM |#1  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Has anyone had issues with google maps lately? It will freeze and or close out on its own, both my girlfriend and I are having the same problem.
Using T-mobile s3 full stock rom, never rooted.
Thank you for any help!
 
 
24th June 2014, 06:30 AM |#2  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
What firmware build are you on? And have you tried wiping Maps data and uninstalling updates, then reinstalling?
26th June 2014, 03:40 AM |#3  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Android- 4.3
Build- JSS15J.T999UVUENC2

I will let you know how it goes after wiping maps data and uninstalling updates, then reinstalling. need to test it out

Thank you !
30th June 2014, 11:29 PM |#4  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
UPDATE: so yea it still has the same problem, any suggestions? thanks
1st July 2014, 05:23 AM |#5  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,573
 
Donate to Me
More
You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.
2nd July 2014, 03:22 AM |#6  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
alright thank you, I think im going to go ahead and root it and put a custom rom
21st July 2014, 02:14 PM |#7  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

You could try factory resetting, but this will wipe all your apps and data, including your internal sd card. Not being rooted makes backing up anything other than the sd pretty much impossible though so you'd have to reinstall and setup everything from scratch.
Its possible it could be an issue with the app itself, but ive not heard anything else about it so I cant say how likely this is.

Only ither option I can think of is to make sure auto update apps is off in the play store, then uninstall the maps update and try running the older version.

So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors
21st July 2014, 02:31 PM |#8  
RavenWulf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmay20

So I rooted my phone and installed the SlimKat rom and still have the same problem, it seems after about 40 minutes of navigation Maps just closes out, no errors

It's an issue with Maps. It has been happening since 8.0 on my Nexus 5 and 7, wife's S3, buddy's Nexus 4 and 7, and his dad's HTC One (M8).
The Following User Says Thank You to RavenWulf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 05:08 PM |#9  
rdmay20's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWulf

It's an issue with Maps. It has been happening since 8.0 on my Nexus 5 and 7, wife's S3, buddy's Nexus 4 and 7, and his dad's HTC One (M8).

Glad its not just an S3 issue, hopefully google will fix it soon, Thanks for the info!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes