Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charger port cover

Tip us?
 
aooga
Old
#21  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 839
Posts: 2,875
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlean View Post
What a bad design. The phone is barely two months old

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
Yeah I agree. To be fair, they will replace it. Just with a pos refurb.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
gridflash
Old
#22  
gridflash's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 64
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR
I saw this problem when I bought the phone.
This was my solution. $18.90 for the charging pad and the receiver. Works great with my Neo Hybrid case.

Qi Wireless Charging Charger Pad Black+Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Wireless-...item2a3c02d373
 
docfreed
Old
#23  
docfreed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 766
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridflash View Post
I saw this problem when I bought the phone.
This was my solution. $18.90 for the charging pad and the receiver. Works great with my Neo Hybrid case.

Qi Wireless Charging Charger Pad Black+Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Wireless-...item2a3c02d373
How difficult was it to install? Any connectivity issues, e.g., WiFi , BT or phone?
 
nashwing
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 175
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreed View Post
How difficult was it to install? Any connectivity issues, e.g., WiFi , BT or phone?
Does this work with a case on the phone, or is it rather direct contact? I have a plastic kickstand case that goes in a holster. It's thin, but I'm not sure if it'll work.
 
gridflash
Old
#25  
gridflash's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 64
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreed View Post
How difficult was it to install? Any connectivity issues, e.g., WiFi , BT or phone?
Dirt Simple.
The receiver is very thin and lays on top of the battery. No bulge in the case.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfreed View Post
How difficult was it to install? Any connectivity issues, e.g., WiFi , BT or phone?
No connectivity issues. I live on Wifi. Does get warm once in awhile during recharge. Gives a little musical tone when it locks on and then the screen goes into a rainbow animation. It is sensitive to the position on the pad.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashwing View Post
Does this work with a case on the phone, or is it rather direct contact? I have a plastic kickstand case that goes in a holster. It's thin, but I'm not sure if it'll work.
NeoHybrid is a very thin case. Works great.
 
miguel6763
Old
#26  
miguel6763's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotowawa View Post
Mine is already broken off.
fukk fukkk mine just broked right now .. fukk what the hell I didn't even notice where it land. now I'm going to have a replacement but how am I suppose to install the new one any tutorials?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Current Device: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
Micro Sd: 64 PNY class 10
Recovery: Philz Touch
Modem: Stock (NF6)
Kernel: Ktoonsez 06.22.2014
Rom: Project Infinity 7.1
 
aooga
Old
#27  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 839
Posts: 2,875
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel6763 View Post
fukk fukkk mine just broked right now .. fukk what the hell I didn't even notice where it land. now I'm going to have a replacement but how am I suppose to install the new one any tutorials?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
lol is everyone's breaking today? Mine broke as well.

You just have to take out the bottom left screw and it pops right out.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Skyrocket2
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 262
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel6763 View Post
fukk fukkk mine just broked right now .. fukk what the hell I didn't even notice where it land. now I'm going to have a replacement but how am I suppose to install the new one any tutorials?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAiAgCf8XA
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrocket2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
miguel6763
Old
#29  
miguel6763's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket2 View Post
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
lol is everyone's breaking today? Mine broke as well.

You just have to take out the bottom left screw and it pops right out.
haha. well as for me I'm going to have to wait for the replacement part to get to my house it will take like 2 weeks Wich it sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Current Device: T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
Micro Sd: 64 PNY class 10
Recovery: Philz Touch
Modem: Stock (NF6)
Kernel: Ktoonsez 06.22.2014
Rom: Project Infinity 7.1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes