Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] 3e Recovery No Sig Check

Tip us?

Jawad Twam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Prompt [RECOVERY] 3e Recovery No Sig Check

RECOVERY 3e Recovery Modded w/ No Verification

I have noticed some of you are having issues after installing a new kernel or rom, when you boot into recovery you now have 3e, which does not allow unsigned zips to be flashed. With this version of 3e it has no-verification check, now allowing you to flash whatever you want.

Quote:
This zip has
1) 3e recovery modified to disable signature checking
2) disables the forced wipe after installing any update.

Quote:
Instructions
1)Download and extract the file here
2)Use a terminal emulator or ADB shell and type.. (or you can use Root Explorer or SGSTools to mount system RW)

Code:
Select Code
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system

3)Use a file manager like Root Explorer and copy the recovery file to /system/bin and replace the one there
4)Now, reboot and you should have a modded 3e recovery with no signature verification

You can either leave the modded 3e recovery or you can now flash CWM via Rom Manager

**Just like anything else, I am not responsible if this bricks your phone, this is fairly simple, follow the guide...Do at your own risk**

acer73
Old
(Last edited by acer73; 19th June 2014 at 03:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4042

DONATE TO ME
Great thread. I've extracted 3e recovery from vivo xshot. Can you explain me how disable security check? This phone don't have recovery file in system/bin but I've found a way to open bootloader

Randyshare
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nice App....
The Following User Says Thank You to Randyshare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]