Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Note 3 SIM Unlock and Reigion Lock Away Question...

Tip us?

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFragger View Post
Again, thank you for the great response bud!

Another root method I heard *may* work without the Knox trip is the Kingo Root... any thoughts?

Can you (or anyone else reading this) confirm, that if I wanted to install Custom ROMs and Themes on this phone, there is NO WAY I can do that without tripping Knox?

Lastly, I think if you are not a Tmo customer in some capacity or another, they just will not give you the code, I think... So I need the Region Lock Away ...
Kingo root only works on 4.3. will not work on your current firmware.

Give T-Mobile a call first, you just may get it.

Fusionized tweaking tapatalker here...

ProFragger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob View Post
Kingo root only works on 4.3. will not work on your current firmware.

Give T-Mobile a call first, you just may get it.

Thanks much bud!

Has anyone else had success with Region Lock Away on NB4? If so, what was your Root Method?

Thanks!

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFragger View Post
Thanks much bud!

Has anyone else had success with Region Lock Away on NB4? If so, what was your Root Method?

Thanks!
Sorry for the long response time. Yes, I believe I was on NB4 when I rooted and unlocked, but I don't remember for sure. I know I am currently on NB4 though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note

Anonymous777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob View Post
Once on the 4.4 bootloader, you cannot roll back. You can definitely just use cf autoroot, and try out region lock away. It will trip Knox, but if inevitable, might as well take the plunge now and give it a try.

Or, upgrade firmware to ne6, use towel root, try region lock away. This way you keep Knox in tact and can report back.

But why do you need region away? Is the phone not paid off? If it is, just get unlock code from t-mobile. Mine only took 2 days.

What exactly do you mean by getting an unlock code from tmobile?? For about the past month I've been in Arkansas and i swear all they have is at@t towers and Verizon. I'm basically using my edge network the whole time which doesn't suffice. Is this unlock code something that let's you pick up off the other towers or would I need to go another route?!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous777 View Post
What exactly do you mean by getting an unlock code from tmobile?? For about the past month I've been in Arkansas and i swear all they have is at@t towers and Verizon. I'm basically using my edge network the whole time which doesn't suffice. Is this unlock code something that let's you pick up off the other towers or would I need to go another route?!

This whole thread is about SIM unlocking the T-Mobile note 3 to use on another carriers network. The T-mobile note 3 is able to pretty much use any GSM carriers sim card (i.e. AT&T, Straight Talk, AIO/Cricket Wireless...) if you receive your unlock code: either through t-mobile themselves (by having a paid off phone), by using the region lock away by @Chainfire (may not work on all firmwares), or purchasing an unlock code from one of the websites that offer sim card unlocking. Once unlocked you can get one of the pre-paid sims (like AIO or Straight talk) for $10 and use AT&T towers, or just completely switch carriers.

This is in no way shape or form speaking about using root on these phones with an unlocked bootloader, which seems to confuse most people. I know you didn't ask this, just wanted to put it out there for anyone else who may be confused.
The Following User Says Thank You to noobtoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anonymous777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Okay that makes sense, thanks man!