Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ram almost maxed at idle ?

Tip us?

Some_dude36
Old
(Last edited by Some_dude36; 9th June 2014 at 11:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Default Ram almost maxed at idle ?

This is a new problem I'm having . Im running Jedi X 20 4.1.2 usually if i ran alot of progs it would idle at around 7-1gb and then after clear ram would go down to 500- 6-700

Now it's at 1.56 and goes down to 1.45 at idle after ram cleared with nothing running.

I thought it might be a app related issue so I uninstalled all apps downloaded since the problem began and nothing.

Any ideas ?

EDIT: I think I found the problem . I went to application on setting to check running and transparent weather widget thats just like a reg weather widget is using 891mb O.O Why would a widget be using that much ?

Yup I uninstalled it and its idleing at 661 mb now .
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_dude36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Squilchi
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36 View Post
This is a new problem I'm having . Im running Jedi X 20 4.1.2 usually if i ran alot of progs it would idle at around 7-1gb and then after clear ram would go down to 500- 6-700

Now it's at 1.56 and goes down to 1.45 at idle after ram cleared with nothing running.

I thought it might be a app related issue so I uninstalled all apps downloaded since the problem began and nothing.

Any ideas ?

EDIT: I think I found the problem . I went to application on setting to check running and transparent weather widget thats just like a reg weather widget is using 891mb O.O Why would a widget be using that much ?

Yup I uninstalled it and its idleing at 661 mb now .
thanks for posting about this. I was having the same issue and uninstalling that widget fixed it for me also

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://i.imgur.com/Q8y5eO7.png
The Following User Says Thank You to Squilchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Default SCARRY

WOW..

I would change all passwords on any account you have used this phone for. If you do Online banking on your phone watch your bank account .it could just be bad Programing or a compatibility issue with the phone. but who really knows.
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell

Some_dude36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee View Post
WOW..

I would change all passwords on any account you have used this phone for. If you do Online banking on your phone watch your bank account .it could just be bad Programing or a compatibility issue with the phone. but who really knows.
Right , I couldn't imagine what that app was doing that it would take a constant idle of 1gb by itself.

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Right , I couldn't imagine what that app was doing that it would take a constant idle of 1gb by itself.
most likely was a bad install or a memory leak in the app. but im always cautions about these things
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell

Some_dude36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
most likely was a bad install or a memory leak in the app. but im always cautions about these things
Right on . Shame , that was my favorite weather widget . I like the transparent aspect of it against my background .

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Right on . Shame , that was my favorite weather widget . I like the transparent aspect of it against my background .
i use hd widgets

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
i use hd widgets
Same here. Good stuff.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more