Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ram almost maxed at idle ?

OP Some_dude36

10th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag hollow earth
Thanks Meter: 83

567 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a new problem I'm having . Im running Jedi X 20 4.1.2 usually if i ran alot of progs it would idle at around 7-1gb and then after clear ram would go down to 500- 6-700

Now it's at 1.56 and goes down to 1.45 at idle after ram cleared with nothing running.

I thought it might be a app related issue so I uninstalled all apps downloaded since the problem began and nothing.

Any ideas ?

EDIT: I think I found the problem . I went to application on setting to check running and transparent weather widget thats just like a reg weather widget is using 891mb O.O Why would a widget be using that much ?

Yup I uninstalled it and its idleing at 661 mb now .
Last edited by Some_dude36; 10th June 2014 at 12:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Some_dude36 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 56

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36

This is a new problem I'm having . Im running Jedi X 20 4.1.2 usually if i ran alot of progs it would idle at around 7-1gb and then after clear ram would go down to 500- 6-700

Now it's at 1.56 and goes down to 1.45 at idle after ram cleared with nothing running.

I thought it might be a app related issue so I uninstalled all apps downloaded since the problem began and nothing.

Any ideas ?

EDIT: I think I found the problem . I went to application on setting to check running and transparent weather widget thats just like a reg weather widget is using 891mb O.O Why would a widget be using that much ?

Yup I uninstalled it and its idleing at 661 mb now .

thanks for posting about this. I was having the same issue and uninstalling that widget fixed it for me also

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Squilchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 524

2,444 posts
Donate to Me
More
SCARRY
WOW..

I would change all passwords on any account you have used this phone for. If you do Online banking on your phone watch your bank account .it could just be bad Programing or a compatibility issue with the phone. but who really knows.
22nd June 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag hollow earth

567 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

WOW..

I would change all passwords on any account you have used this phone for. If you do Online banking on your phone watch your bank account .it could just be bad Programing or a compatibility issue with the phone. but who really knows.

Right , I couldn't imagine what that app was doing that it would take a constant idle of 1gb by itself.
22nd June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #5  
Flag Louisville

2,444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Right , I couldn't imagine what that app was doing that it would take a constant idle of 1gb by itself.

most likely was a bad install or a memory leak in the app. but im always cautions about these things
24th June 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag hollow earth

567 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:

most likely was a bad install or a memory leak in the app. but im always cautions about these things

Right on . Shame , that was my favorite weather widget . I like the transparent aspect of it against my background .
24th June 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #7  
Flag Louisville

2,444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Right on . Shame , that was my favorite weather widget . I like the transparent aspect of it against my background .

i use hd widgets
24th June 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803

2,049 posts
More
Quote:

i use hd widgets

Same here. Good stuff.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread