Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Festival battery saving rom/settings?

OP Kurtis.UK

23rd June 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do
23rd June 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 186

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis.UK

I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do

Of course you can. buy duracell power bank.
23rd June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 161

553 posts
More
Install this MOD http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789666

Ultra Power Saving Mode from Galaxy S5. You'll have battery maybe 9days
24th June 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Sorry i forgot to mention I'm running cm11 atm, so that mod won't work.. I was looking at portable power packs but noticed they can only charge my phone 2/3 times unless i spend alot of .. I have just bought two spare batteries which may charge up and take for 2.40 each
24th June 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 93

542 posts
best option for festivals is to buy some old old nokias. battery lasts for days on those things and plus no one wants to steal them!

but if you have to take your sparkly new S4 then you could try putting it into airplane mode whenever you're not using it and turn airplane mode off only if you get separated from your group? you probably won't get a great reception in the middle of a field anyway, which is one of the biggest battery drainers when it's constantly searching for a signal.

::EDIT::

also, don't forget to disable sync settings and location settings too.
Last edited by Gloris; 24th June 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread