Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Festival battery saving rom/settings?

Tip us?

Kurtis.UK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Festival battery saving rom/settings?

I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis.UK View Post
I will be soon be going to a festival for a few days and will be taking my Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) and would like the battery to last as long as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of roms, or tweaks so I can get the most of of my battery life.

I will be performing a clean install of the rom and will be disabling unneeded apps and services such as sync and internet but wondered if there is anything else i can do
Of course you can. buy duracell power bank.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

SWTR
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Install this MOD http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789666

Ultra Power Saving Mode from Galaxy S5. You'll have battery maybe 9days

Kurtis.UK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry i forgot to mention I'm running cm11 atm, so that mod won't work.. I was looking at portable power packs but noticed they can only charge my phone 2/3 times unless i spend alot of .. I have just bought two spare batteries which may charge up and take for 2.40 each

Gloris
Old
(Last edited by Gloris; 24th June 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 89
best option for festivals is to buy some old old nokias. battery lasts for days on those things and plus no one wants to steal them!

but if you have to take your sparkly new S4 then you could try putting it into airplane mode whenever you're not using it and turn airplane mode off only if you get separated from your group? you probably won't get a great reception in the middle of a field anyway, which is one of the biggest battery drainers when it's constantly searching for a signal.

::EDIT::

also, don't forget to disable sync settings and location settings too.