Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird Spider-Web Design on Screen? Not a crack, though.

Tip us?

Skeith34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Weird Spider-Web Design on Screen? Not a crack, though.

So, as you can see with the attached images... I have this spider web looking design on the screen. But it is hardly visable with the screen on.

What is this? It isn't a crack.. but I don't know what to think.

I got the phone from my friend and he said it started off as a small 'hook' shaped one at the shop, then slowly worked it's way down with that design. But it doesn't impair any functions of the phone. Weird.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	2812643   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	2812644  

ugly_bob
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Looks to me like it could be an issue with the digitiser adhesive separating under the screen. My brother had a similar issue with his but it was near the earpiece. He got it repaired under warranty, so you could try making a warranty claim, but if it is actually a crack then it won't be covered.

Skeith34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly_bob View Post
Looks to me like it could be an issue with the digitiser adhesive separating under the screen. My brother had a similar issue with his but it was near the earpiece. He got it repaired under warranty, so you could try making a warranty claim, but if it is actually a crack then it won't be covered.
Could it be anything I could just repair myself simply? Or is the digitizer/LCD assembly pretty much together for good?

ugly_bob
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Not unless you want to buy a new screen assembly and replace it yourself. The digitiser and screen are normally glued together so it makes it difficult to replace one without the other.