Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2]Carbon ROM unofficial for Moto G [01/21/2014]

Tip us?

smokerman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1Pha View Post
It will definitely continue, I just have to do much stuff (I am a sysadmin and we are moving to another office) at the moment, please be patient with me
new build is awsome..

Quote:

MY ROM REVIEWS/TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES,OR USE MY WORK IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO DO SO!!!

SIGN THIS PETITION FOR XPERIA PLAY 2 AND SHARE AS MUCH YOU CAN PLEASE:

http://smokermanxda.blogspot.pt/2014...ia-play-2.html

if you want my answer faster, please mention me.

ricola1989
Old
Thanks Meter 29
is there any way to get this ported over to the xt1031? I am currently running one of the 3 available ROMs. The others are a CM unofficial, and CM base; so those are no go's for me.

oxodunk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Installed it on my Moto G and it has no apps, no play store, no gmail nothing, tried factory reset/wipe cache from recpvery and it didn't formated the music and other folders, tried factory reset from the rom and it gets in a loop loading recovery, reinstalled the rom and nothing please help, what to do?

jamesro1208
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxodunk View Post
Installed it on my Moto G and it has no apps, no play store, no gmail nothing, tried factory reset/wipe cache from recpvery and it didn't formated the music and other folders, tried factory reset from the rom and it gets in a loop loading recovery, reinstalled the rom and nothing please help, what to do?
Did you install gapps?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

oxodunk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesro1208 View Post
Did you install gapps?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
now i'm doing it, sorry i'm new to this

oxodunk
Old
(Last edited by oxodunk; 4th February 2014 at 01:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
a problem i had (real this time) when phone is locked, sometimes the touch screen doesn't work and i have to press the power button and show the lock screen again to see if now it responds, or other times the screen just goes black, buttons and touch screen doesn't work but the phone is still active with this i just have to force shut down and start it again

Edit: the phone is freezing for a while when i lock the screen and the same when unlocking, i really don't know what the problem is but it leaves my phone useless and it's driving me nuts ;_;. Also the music lags a lot when using the lock screen widget or notifications.

BachuArg
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxodunk View Post
Edit: the phone is freezing for a while when i lock the screen and the same when unlocking, i really don't know what the problem is but it leaves my phone useless and it's driving me nuts ;_;. Also the music lags a lot when using the lock screen widget or notifications.
The same happened in all the roms when this release was out. In other roms they solved it, but since Alpha had no time to keep working on it is still present in the latest Carbon release. We should wait until he is able to continue this awesome rom.
Meanwhile I recommend you to try PA or Slim.

oxodunk
Old
(Last edited by oxodunk; 4th February 2014 at 01:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BachuArg View Post
The same happened in all the roms when this release was out. In other roms they solved it, but since Alpha had no time to keep working on it is still present in the latest Carbon release. We should wait until he is able to continue this awesome rom.
Meanwhile I recommend you to try PA or Slim.
Turned off pocket mode from carbon fibers and now seems to be working without problem
Yeah i forgot to turn it off when installed it even when the OP clearly said ''Pocket mode does not work'' lol

Other than that, very nice rom, definitely staying on my Moto G

Mattpadge
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Isnt booting :/
XT1032

MOTO G
Unlocked Bootloader
[UNOFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth[4.4.2]
Rooted
Xposed Modules + Moto Guide

eg0097
Old
(Last edited by eg0097; 24th June 2014 at 06:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default Brick?

Alot of people are reporting bricks after installing this rom. People get stuck in bootloop theres already 2 threads.
  • Thanks