Exclamation [Q] Can someone PLEASE help?!

I think I've bricked my device.
I have a Samsung Tab 3...GT P5210. Long story short, in an abusive relationship I had files on my Tab which I needed for the court process. My ex deleted these files. I turned to my old friend Google and tried to Root my device. Stupid move but I was in a panic to recover these files. Now my Tablet only shows Samsung GALAXY Tab3 upon startup. Just the white words on a black screen. I'm assuming it's bricked.
I will be the first to admit, I shouldn't have tried. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS STUFF. I should have left it to the experts. But again, I was in a panic. Please, please, PLEASE tell me my files aren't gone and that I can undo what I've done?? I used a rooting app called Kingo.
The Tablet shows the title, as mentioned and when I connect to my computer, nothing happens. The battery doesn't show...just still the words are displayed on the screen.
As if I wasn't panicking before...
Can someone please help??? I know I sound like a moron, but I'm desperate. If I was just an idiot trying to screw with my device for no reason...but I really do need these files. I can't let him get away with what he's done to my son and I.
Thank you to anyone that can help