Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][P905] selinux permissive on stock kernel LTE QUALCOMM ONLY!

Tip us?

mame82
Old
(Last edited by mame82; 19th June 2014 at 02:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Hi esgie,

I'm using a SM-P605 with rooted Stock KK-Rom. To get rid of "Enforcing" I first tried to modify the default.prop and init.rc of the ramdisk
as stated http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...487089&page=10 by akshizzle. After reading yout Posts, I commented out the "/dev/mem" and "/dev/kmem" lines from "/file_contexts". After repacking and flashing the boot.img the changes are visible in "/file_contexts", but after running your kmem-script selinux stays on "enforce". I'm not sure if it has to do with the permission-problem on "/dev/kmem", because I don't see any errors (I'm no Linux geek).

The problem I have is mainly the same as on P905, there's no valid kernel-source published for the stock KK rom (P605XXUCNE2 by the way).

Maybe it's a problem with the other ramdisk-changes to init.rc / default.prop, which I didn't revert when editing /file_contexts. Or has there more to be done than commenting out the 2 lines.

With best regards

MaMe82

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mame82 View Post
Hi esgie,

I'm using a SM-P605 with rooted Stock KK-Rom. To get rid of "Enforcing" I first tried to modify the default.prop and init.rc of the ramdisk
as stated http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...487089&page=10 by akshizzle. After reading yout Posts, I commented out the "/dev/mem" and "/dev/kmem" lines from "/file_contexts". After repacking and flashing the boot.img the changes are visible in "/file_contexts", but after running your kmem-script selinux stays on "enforce". I'm not sure if it has to do with the permission-problem on "/dev/kmem", because I don't see any errors (I'm no Linux geek).

The problem I have is mainly the same as on P905, there's no valid kernel-source published for the stock KK rom (P605XXUCNE2 by the way).

Maybe it's a problem with the other ramdisk-changes to init.rc / default.prop, which I didn't revert when editing /file_contexts. Or has there more to be done than commenting out the 2 lines.

With best regards

MaMe82
now is published on samsung open sources.

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
SM-N9005 SD 64 gb samsung - XXUDMJ6 - ODEX - root CF -

mame82
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Permissive SM-P605 Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotom2 View Post
now is published on samsung open sources.

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
I managed to recompile a permissive Version, but don't know where to upload the img.

Picture here: h t t p : / / up.picr.de/18685970sw.jpg

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
I managed to recompile a permissive Version, but don't know where to upload the img.

Picture here: h t t p : / / up.picr.de/18685970sw.jpg
mega o dropbox could be a good choice

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

mame82
Old
(Last edited by mame82; 22nd June 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Stock P605XXUCNE2 Kernel, SELinux switchable ("setenforce 0" from Terminal or "SELinuxModeChanger" from play), NTFS enabled.

Set ro.securestorage.support from true to false in /system/build.prop and reboot,if wifi passwords don't get rembered.

Link: odin flashable tar only for sm-p605 on p605xxucne2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mame82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Stock P605XXUCNE2 Kernel, SELinux switchable ("setenforce 0" from Terminal or "SELinuxModeChanger" from play), NTFS enabled.

Set ro.securestorage.support from true to false in /system/build.prop and reboot,if wifi passwords don't get rembered.

confirm permissive. it works perfectly compliments. I linked your thread from the note 10.1 stream.

shardsx
Old
Thanks Meter 9
First of all, a big thank you goes out to Mame82 for compiling his SELinux permissive kernel.

I've tried to use esgie's SELinux permissive kernel before, and while I do confirm that kernel is SELinux permissive with that particular kernel, I was not able to install Linux using the "Linux Deploy" app from Google Play. The first step of the installation is updating the environment for Linux and it fails right away.

Can someone using Mame82's SELinux permissive kernel also try to install Linux through the "Linux Deploy" app and let me know how it goes? The reason for using Linux Deploy and not the other alternative Linux installers is that I want to try and use Linux in framebuffer mode.

Thanks.

mame82
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shardsx View Post
First of all, a big thank you goes out to Mame82 for compiling his SELinux permissive kernel.

I've tried to use esgie's SELinux permissive kernel before, and while I do confirm that kernel is SELinux permissive with that particular kernel, I was not able to install Linux using the "Linux Deploy" app from Google Play. The first step of the installation is updating the environment for Linux and it fails right away.

Can someone using Mame82's SELinux permissive kernel also try to install Linux through the "Linux Deploy" app and let me know how it goes? The reason for using Linux Deploy and not the other alternative Linux installers is that I want to try and use Linux in framebuffer mode.

Thanks.
Hi shardsx,

please be careful with the kernel cause its a build for p605 and a bit misplaced in this thread. Anyway I gave Linux Deploy a try and ubuntu runs with success. The problem is, that I'm forced to use vnc, framebuffer is not working. Although /dev/graphics/fb0 is present, "cat /dev/graphics/fb0" gives no such device. I checked the compile options and fb support is checked, msm fb support (snapdragon), too. So anybody who could give a hint what to do here is welcome.

Thanks in advance

shardsx
Old
(Last edited by shardsx; 23rd June 2014 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Deleted! I answered my own question by reading. Oops.

alexander1995
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:

Thanks. Would you mind making one for P605 NE3 version?