Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New HTC One M8 user

Tip us?

cuban11182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default New HTC One M8 user

I'm currently still using my Galaxy S3 with Verizon. Since it's been a while that I had an HTC (OG Incredible) I wanted to get back. It was between this and the LG G3. I ordered this from SWAPPA and it comes rooted with s-off and the HK audio modification. Since there is an abundance of information I would prefer to just ask questions instead of reading all of the pages on the forum my main question is how does CyanogenMod and generally AOSP ROMs run on this phone? Should I just stick with CleanRom?

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

takeclear
Old
Thanks Meter 5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716306

GPE Rom. Been running it for about a week now. No issues at all. Some are reporting camera lag, but I haven't noticed any.

CM is still on nightlies I believe, but it seems pretty stable from what everyone is posting.

If you want a closer to stock experience, stick with CleanRom. I had that from Day 1 and not one issue showed up.
The Following User Says Thank You to takeclear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cuban11182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeclear View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716306

GPE Rom. Been running it for about a week now. No issues at all. Some are reporting camera lag, but I haven't noticed any.

CM is still on nightlies I believe, but it seems pretty stable from what everyone is posting.

If you want a closer to stock experience, stick with CleanRom. I had that from Day 1 and not one issue showed up.
Thanks for the advice. I'll look at that one. I'm also going to keep an eye on CM.

shiznu
Old
Thanks Meter 98
On AOSP you will loose your hk mod and any other sense features i.e. dual camera ect.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Roefastford
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznu View Post
On AOSP you will loose your hk mod and any other sense features i.e. dual camera ect.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If you want the best rom I would go with viperone you wont find anything better promise you that.

roaming4gnome
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
If you want the best rom I would go with viperone you wont find anything better promise you that.
Can't argue with that, I've tried every rom available and keep coming back to Viper.