Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New HTC One M8 user

21st June 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I'm currently still using my Galaxy S3 with Verizon. Since it's been a while that I had an HTC (OG Incredible) I wanted to get back. It was between this and the LG G3. I ordered this from SWAPPA and it comes rooted with s-off and the HK audio modification. Since there is an abundance of information I would prefer to just ask questions instead of reading all of the pages on the forum my main question is how does CyanogenMod and generally AOSP ROMs run on this phone? Should I just stick with CleanRom?

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716306

GPE Rom. Been running it for about a week now. No issues at all. Some are reporting camera lag, but I haven't noticed any.

CM is still on nightlies I believe, but it seems pretty stable from what everyone is posting.

If you want a closer to stock experience, stick with CleanRom. I had that from Day 1 and not one issue showed up.
The Following User Says Thank You to takeclear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
492 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeclear

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716306

GPE Rom. Been running it for about a week now. No issues at all. Some are reporting camera lag, but I haven't noticed any.

CM is still on nightlies I believe, but it seems pretty stable from what everyone is posting.

If you want a closer to stock experience, stick with CleanRom. I had that from Day 1 and not one issue showed up.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look at that one. I'm also going to keep an eye on CM.
22nd June 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #4  
shiznu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
On AOSP you will loose your hk mod and any other sense features i.e. dual camera ect.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznu

On AOSP you will loose your hk mod and any other sense features i.e. dual camera ect.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

If you want the best rom I would go with viperone you wont find anything better promise you that.
24th June 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
roaming4gnome's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

If you want the best rom I would go with viperone you wont find anything better promise you that.

Can't argue with that, I've tried every rom available and keep coming back to Viper.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes