Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

M8 won't root

OP ILowry282

23rd June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

186 posts
I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?
23rd June 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 416

1,162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?

Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU
23rd June 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU

I used SuperSU. Should I try Super User?
23rd June 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

302 posts
Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.
24th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.

What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.
24th June 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 48

302 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.

Once booted into the os you should see the super su app. Go to play store and update it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread