Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 won't root

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default M8 won't root

I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?
Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU
I used SuperSU. Should I try Super User?

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.
What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.
Once booted into the os you should see the super su app. Go to play store and update it.