FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

M8 won't root

23rd June 2014, 05:03 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?
 
 
23rd June 2014, 05:18 PM |#2  
BerndM14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

I had a rooted M8, however something was going wrong as it constantly rebooted. So I did a factory reset and that fixed the problem. However now it won't root for some reason. I have TWRP recovery and flashed the root file however when I do root checker it stated that I do not have root access. Anyone know what's wrong?

Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU
23rd June 2014, 08:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Have you tried flashing a different version of the root program? I assume it's SuperSU (From Chainfire) ? It still gave me root access on 1.94 I saw that he already updated to version 2.00 by now.

Perhaps try a different version and see what it does.

Thread to Chainfire's SuperSU

I used SuperSU. Should I try Super User?
23rd June 2014, 08:59 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.
24th June 2014, 12:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Just use the normal install method from Google play. Twrp auto Installs the su binary the first time it is booted in to. Then just update super su via play store.

What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.
24th June 2014, 07:40 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

What is the install method via google play? I've only ever flashed a zip file.

Once booted into the os you should see the super su app. Go to play store and update it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes