Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Access internal storage of phone without battery?

Tip us?

hockeydemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Access internal storage of phone without battery?

Long story short I finally busted my droid razr after having it for 3 years. I accidentally spilled water on it and because of this I took it apart to remove the battery and accidentally ripped the battery power ribbon. I was long over due for a new phone so I'm not concerned with fixing it - however I'd like to get some data off the internal storage device. The phone itself still works as far as I know I just have no battery for it and it does not let me power it up just using a wall charger with no battery.

Is there any way to access the data on the internal storage device? I'd prefer to not have to try to solder the battery ribbon back to the battery. I haven't tried plugging it into my PC without a battery - just tried to turn it on while plugged into the wall.

Any suggestions be appreciated.

kaziq
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't know any cell phone that can turn on on external charger without the battery. I believe it's because of how cell phones' power circuits are designed.

If you don't want to solder the battery ribbon, then I think the only option would be to unsolder the flash memory and read it with a special flash programming device. Which is a lot more difficult task, so it seems soldering the ribbon is the only option for you.

roscored1000
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default what about....

what about taking the battery out and plugging the phone in to power and trying to switch it on? does it work? other motorolas let you do it.