Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 47,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP S-View screen flashing when on EDGE

Tip us?

Rsoub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] HELP S-View screen flashing when on EDGE

Hey guys,

It's been a few months that this has been happening on my S4 GT-I9500 and it's driving me crazy because i haven't been able to find any solution online yet.

When my phone reception is on EDGE, the S-View Screen (Black screen with the clock on the upper part) starts randomly flashing every few seconds or few minutes depending on how much it feels like driving me crazy. I've googled the issue and it seems some others have it too but no solution found.

Here are the things i tried with no luck:
-Changing Modems
-Changing roms
-booting in safe mode

Only thing I think i can do is flash CM or some other AOSP ROM, but personally, I don't feel they're stable enough for daily use yet (for me at least)

Does anyone have any other ideas on how this issue can be solved? Should i send my phone in for repair? All the sensors including the magnetic sensor are working fine if I use the S-View cover and this issue only happens when my phone is on EDGE in bad reception areas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

coolkoushik07
Old
Thanks Meter 193
I also had same issue and there is no solution of this issue right now.. some users reported that board replacement also cant fix this issue.. i saw a xposed module somewhere to disable s-view magnetic sensor to solve this issue.. u can try that.. i have returned my s4 for these issues and asked for returned so i dint get a chance to test that.. but some users also reported that module worked for them

Sent from my GT-I8552
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)

sumeetdemani
Old
(Last edited by sumeetdemani; 24th June 2014 at 09:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solution is here---( May be )

I was suffering from the same problem and finally today I got the solution

All you need to do is... Open back cover

then there's a screw on right side where "L1" is written , open it (i have just lossen that screw a little bit)

u r done

try it
for me it worked

that screw get magnetised which causes this irritation may b u can replace that with a brass one

Dont forget to click thanks if I helped

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoub View Post
Hey guys,

It's been a few months that this has been happening on my S4 GT-I9500 and it's driving me crazy because i haven't been able to find any solution online yet.

When my phone reception is on EDGE, the S-View Screen (Black screen with the clock on the upper part) starts randomly flashing every few seconds or few minutes depending on how much it feels like driving me crazy. I've googled the issue and it seems some others have it too but no solution found.

Here are the things i tried with no luck:
-Changing Modems
-Changing roms
-booting in safe mode

Only thing I think i can do is flash CM or some other AOSP ROM, but personally, I don't feel they're stable enough for daily use yet (for me at least)

Does anyone have any other ideas on how this issue can be solved? Should i send my phone in for repair? All the sensors including the magnetic sensor are working fine if I use the S-View cover and this issue only happens when my phone is on EDGE in bad reception areas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I was suffering from the same problem and finally today I got the solution

All you need to do is... Open back cover

then there's a screw on right side where "L1" is written , open it (i have just lossen that screw a little bit)

u r done

try it
for me it worked

that screw get magnetised which causes this irritation may b u can replace that with a brass one

Dont forget to click thanks if I helped