Ask a question

No registration required

|Q| Root and unroot

OP gladiator1105

24th June 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

58 posts
hello, i got samsung galaxy s2 and im welling to buy g3 because finally i found the perfect phone for me.
the thing is i dont know much about lg root method. im used to the root methods on samsung

can i root the lg g3 d855 without any problems and can i unroot it so i can got updates ?

i know that sony got problems with the root the phone became weaker, samsung got the knox so so basically unroot doesnt help is there anything same with lg ?

thanks alot,
24th June 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,639

6,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator1105

hello, i got samsung galaxy s2 and im welling to buy g3 because finally i found the perfect phone for me.
the thing is i dont know much about lg root method. im used to the root methods on samsung

can i root the lg g3 d855 without any problems and can i unroot it so i can got updates ?

i know that sony got problems with the root the phone became weaker, samsung got the knox so so basically unroot doesnt help is there anything same with lg ?

thanks alot,

Rooting the phone is really easy, infact you can do it without even using a PC (towelroot). At the moment there is no custom recovery, but hopefully we will see that change once the phone is released in more countries (later this week).

As for unroot, one simple method would be to re-flash stock, but I assume you are looking for an easier solution than that.
24th June 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 59

850 posts
More
That's what I am looking for too because of the bloody Barclays Bank app.
I want to root my LG G3, block ads, bloatware etc and then unroot to get Barklays app working
S4min, Grand 2, Note 2 - I always rooted phones and then unrooted by uninstalling root in SuperSu app.

Is there any similar method for LG G3?

Re-flashing to unroot doesn't make sense for me cos I will loose everything I needed the root for
24th June 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

Rooting the phone is really easy, infact you can do it without even using a PC (towelroot). At the moment there is no custom recovery, but hopefully we will see that change once the phone is released in more countries (later this week).

As for unroot, one simple method would be to re-flash stock, but I assume you are looking for an easier solution than that.

i dont care if its easy or not the thing is can i unroot it and still use the warranty without known that i had root before ?

and another question, i read that there is boatload and its difficult to root is it true ? what is this boatload ?
Last edited by gladiator1105; 24th June 2014 at 11:47 AM.
24th June 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,639

6,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1q

That's what I am looking for too because of the bloody Barclays Bank app.
I want to root my LG G3, block ads, bloatware etc and then unroot to get Barklays app working
S4min, Grand 2, Note 2 - I always rooted phones and then unrooted by uninstalling root in SuperSu app.

Is there any similar method for LG G3?

Re-flashing to unroot doesn't make sense for me cos I will loose everything I needed the root for

I don't have my G3 yet to check (and not sure I will be rooting it straight away when I do get it, I want to see how far I can go without root first), but I cannot see why the unroot method in SuperSU would not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator1105

i dont care if its easy or not the thing is can i unroot it and still use the warranty without known that i had root before ?

and another question, i read that there is boatload and its difficult to root is it true ? what is this boatload ?

Flashing back to stock should take you back as if you have never rooted. Assuming all you did was root the phone.

If/when there are further modifications such as unlocking bootloader and flashing custom recovery images this might change.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread