Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gs5 active soft break

Tip us?

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by levytheman91 View Post
Is it safe to assume that eventually the firmware will be extracted and available on sammobile or keis?
yes.. or if you know anyone with knowledge of phones they might b able to pull it from there device.. i kno how to decompile a tar n create a zip but this wouldnt help you.. im sure theyll hafta have a tar eventually for situations like yours.. at least now you know that you have a different phone than the att s5 and a completely different model number..

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

levytheman91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
yes.. or if you know anyone with knowledge of phones they might b able to pull it from there device.. i kno how to decompile a tar n create a zip but this wouldnt help you.. im sure theyll hafta have a tar eventually for situations like yours.. at least now you know that you have a different phone than the att s5 and a completely different model number..

could you maybe direct me to a tutorial on how its done? I know one other person with a gs5 active. thank you for the response.

levytheman91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3c0Y View Post
Im in the same boat, hangs on the ATT logo. tried the download booster mod and i think I'm screwed.
Alright so I just called samsung this morning and the representative told me that its just a reflash and they will do it....personally I think she's wrong but I recorded the call and she sent me a free shipping label and everything so ya. try to call att you never know what might just happen. As soon as I get it back though i'm having someone/anyone help me pull the firmware off the phone.

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by levytheman91 View Post
Alright so I just called samsung this morning and the representative told me that its just a reflash and they will do it....personally I think she's wrong but I recorded the call and she sent me a free shipping label and everything so ya. try to call att you never know what might just happen. As soon as I get it back though i'm having someone/anyone help me pull the firmware off the phone.
yea youd hafta search around on how to do it.. it is just a software reflash thats needed.. you should have asked where the odin tar for your device is at so u could reflash yourself using odin n saw if they had one anywhere

The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quick4321
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I recent purchased the sm-870a (ATT S5 Active). I'd be happy to dump my firmware if anyone still needs it. My only request is that someone who is a mod point me to the preferred tool/procedure and also verify the dump does not have any personally identifiable information on it. Id hate to find out that I dumped private keys or passwords or some other tid bit that allowed someone to screw up my account. (FIRST POST) I do infosec for a living so I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever instructions you guys recommend, Just trying to give back a little to the site that has taught me Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to quick4321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

levytheman91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick4321 View Post
I recent purchased the sm-870a (ATT S5 Active). I'd be happy to dump my firmware if anyone still needs it. My only request is that someone who is a mod point me to the preferred tool/procedure and also verify the dump does not have any personally identifiable information on it. Id hate to find out that I dumped private keys or passwords or some other tid bit that allowed someone to screw up my account. (FIRST POST) I do infosec for a living so I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever instructions you guys recommend, Just trying to give back a little to the site that has taught me Android.
Ahh if only I saw this 6 hours ago I just sent my phone into samsung to get it fixed. I think that many many people would appreciate you if you were to do so. you should probably make your own thread for this, there's definitely someone who will be willing to help you. if you manage to do it thank you.

Sgt.CM
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have the G870A as well. I got stuck on the boot logo after root but held the power button to force a reboot. You could have also forced a reboot to recovery and tried to wipe cache and reboot. If I get into this problem again I'll let everyone know how I got out of it.

jojojohnson7410
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Hey, not sure if this will help, but it looks to be a start...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=264947724

It'll allow us to basically dump the partitions in our phones. However, there's no way I can think of to turn this into an Odin tar file (unless its as easy as compressing as tar?) but this might still be useful If I see anything else, I'll let you guys know

D3c0Y
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Yes please if you could extract the firmware that would be awesome!