Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note 2 Black screen after cyanogenmod

Tip us?

vlatkovr
Old
(Last edited by vlatkovr; 23rd June 2014 at 10:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Galaxy Note 2 Black screen after cyanogenmod

Hi,

I installed the cyanogenmod 11 nightly like a week ago on my galaxy note 2 and all was running perfectly until this morning.

When I woke up this morning the phone screen was black. The phone is actually working, I can hear emails notifications, phone ringing etc.

The buttons light up when i press them. When I connect it to the PC I can browse the phone contents etc. All seems to function except the screen.

The battery is charged. I tried to remove the battery for a long time and try again but still nothing.

I can't get into recovery or download mode as the screen is blank (sometimes there is a like a weird area at the top where there are like different colored pixels present). I know people will say the screen might be damaged but last night before I went to bed it was all fine, the phone was placed on the table, and this morning when I picked it up screen is blank.

I want to flash back the stock firmware. However I can't get into download mode in order to use Odin. Is there any other way to get into download mode or hardware reset the phone?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: The touch screen also seems to work when I touch it as I can for example call numbers for which I had speeddial scortcuts but it is still completely blank.

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I think this is hardware issue. You must replace the screen
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v59; Boeffla kernel 5.3; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you

vlatkovr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94 View Post
I think this is hardware issue. You must replace the screen
Yeah I think so too. I've sent it to Samsung.

It was rooted and had cyanogenmode so probably I have no warranty
However I managed to install stock ROM so hopefully they won't (can't) notice.