Watch This Now!

[Q] Galaxy Note 2 Black screen after cyanogenmod

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By vlatkovr, Junior Member on 23rd June 2014, 09:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I installed the cyanogenmod 11 nightly like a week ago on my galaxy note 2 and all was running perfectly until this morning.

When I woke up this morning the phone screen was black. The phone is actually working, I can hear emails notifications, phone ringing etc.

The buttons light up when i press them. When I connect it to the PC I can browse the phone contents etc. All seems to function except the screen.

The battery is charged. I tried to remove the battery for a long time and try again but still nothing.

I can't get into recovery or download mode as the screen is blank (sometimes there is a like a weird area at the top where there are like different colored pixels present). I know people will say the screen might be damaged but last night before I went to bed it was all fine, the phone was placed on the table, and this morning when I picked it up screen is blank.

I want to flash back the stock firmware. However I can't get into download mode in order to use Odin. Is there any other way to get into download mode or hardware reset the phone?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: The touch screen also seems to work when I touch it as I can for example call numbers for which I had speeddial scortcuts but it is still completely blank.
Last edited by vlatkovr; 23rd June 2014 at 10:00 AM.
23rd June 2014, 12:53 PM |#2  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 75
I think this is hardware issue. You must replace the screen
24th June 2014, 11:58 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Originally Posted by verny94

I think this is hardware issue. You must replace the screen

Yeah I think so too. I've sent it to Samsung.

It was rooted and had cyanogenmode so probably I have no warranty
However I managed to install stock ROM so hopefully they won't (can't) notice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread