Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New droid maxx colors

Tip us?
 
Jaocagomez
Old
#1  
Jaocagomez's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 339
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mexico Culiacan

 
DONATE TO ME
Default New droid maxx colors

Ir seems that Verizon released two new colors for droid maxx , matte black and glossy red. But with a big difference they come with 16gb instead of 32gb

What do you guys think?

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-...-color-options

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


1 Year Has Passed since the Launch of Our Beloved Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini, its time for the new one.
 
akellar
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1770
Posts: 2,634
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaocagomez View Post
Ir seems that Verizon released two new colors for droid maxx , matte black and glossy red. But with a big difference they come with 16gb instead of 32gb

What do you guys think?

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-...-color-options

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think they had extra Ultra stock laying around and thought they could sell it better by sticking the Maxx battery in it.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
doogald
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 1,298
Join Date: May 2010
Well, I already posted about this in another thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51994561

But I think that Verizon isn't dumb. They know how many of the devices that they sell. They know that newer devices from HTC, Samsung and LG are probably selling well at the same relative price, so they can sell more Maxxes to people who might be more price-sensitive than looking for the latest and greatest devices, so they'll sell them at a lower price for the same great battery life with less storage. And, as I said in the other thread, at this point I'm only using 8 GB of storage anyway, so I could just barely scrape by with a 16 GB unit if that was the only choice that I had.

I do hope that they keep selling the current "black" 32 GB model, but I haven't been able to tell if this model was delisted or is just a third SKU with more storage and $100 higher price ($50 on contract.)
 
@work
Old
#4  
@work's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 147
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Saint Petersburg

 
DONATE TO ME
Less than a gig free here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
-------------------------------------
Stay hungry, Stay foolish.
 
jfriend33
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 904
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
I was excited at first. Then discovered they cut the memory in half. And the red is glossy, no thanks.


Now if the unlock bootloader was available we may have upgraded another line to one of these. With a trade up ($100 vzw credit) and comcast promo ($150 visa, ends 4/31)of course.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
 
jfriend33
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 904
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
I was excited at first. Then discovered they cut the memory in half. And the red is glossy, no thanks.


Now if the unlock bootloader was available we may have upgraded another line to one of these. With a trade up ($100 vzw credit) and comcast promo ($150 visa, ends 4/31)of course.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
Until 6/30 you can do mototradeup
Droid maxx correctly free through comcast with a $200 visa in 6-8 weeks

That's $270-$300 in free money

Not even including the $50 for isis, or the $50 a month you get back, or any of the other deals. I've gotten hundreds of dollars back quite easily.

Even have a $15 off $25 that can be redeemed anywhere you use your Amex or serve card!

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
 
ratman6161
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 236
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
I was excited at first. Then discovered they cut the memory in half. And the red is glossy, no thanks.


Now if the unlock bootloader was available we may have upgraded another line to one of these. With a trade up ($100 vzw credit) and comcast promo ($150 visa, ends 4/31)of course.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
Actually cut the storage in half from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory is the same as it's always been

That said my 32 GB of storage is a hair short of half full which means if I had a 16 GB version, given the lack of a micro sd card slot, my storage would now be essentially full. So a 16 GB phone would not work for me. Its one of the reasons I went with the Maxx over the ultra to begin with.
 
jfriend33
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 904
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman6161 View Post
Actually cut the storage in half from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory is the same as it's always been

That said my 32 GB of storage is a hair short of half full which means if I had a 16 GB version, given the lack of a micro sd card slot, my storage would now be essentially full. So a 16 GB phone would not work for me. Its one of the reasons I went with the Maxx over the ultra to begin with.
That's what I meant.

And actually the droid ultra was remarked as using less storage since it only had 16 to begin with.

They do make micro usb flash drives at least.

Maybe some people could chime in with their actual available space?

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
 
Caseyk621
Old
#9  
Caseyk621's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 448
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
That's what I meant.

And actually the droid ultra was remarked as using less storage since it only had 16 to begin with.

They do make micro usb flash drives at least.

Maybe some people could chime in with their actual available space?

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
I have an Ultra. 7.35GB free. Google drive offers all the storage I need!

Sent From My Droid Ultra
 
doogald
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 1,298
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman6161 View Post
Actually cut the storage in half from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory is the same as it's always been

That said my 32 GB of storage is a hair short of half full which means if I had a 16 GB version, given the lack of a micro sd card slot, my storage would now be essentially full. So a 16 GB phone would not work for me. Its one of the reasons I went with the Maxx over the ultra to begin with.
It'd be over full, actually. Remember that the installed os takes up about the same 6.5 GB, so you'd be starting with about 9.5 GB free rather than 25.5. I'm using about 7.5 GB myself, but that's mostly because I'm testing two podcast apps and will eventually keep only one.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more