Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

INTERESTED in Z2 please help

Tip us?

tel033
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default INTERESTED in Z2 please help

Hi there I'm really liking this device and I want to buy it but it read about this overheating camera issue, reviews don't mention anything about it but many people complain.. I do live in a hot County where temperatures are around 40 C in the summer! I don't mind if it's a problem with 4k only, but if the camera force-closes when just taking pictures then yes!
Please Help
Thanks

Sent from my XPERIA using XDA app

OMC-LUXOR
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Honest answer, I live in Holland it is around 15 degrees Celsius and it shuts down on 4k and on ar video mode fast, and with pictures after 15 minutes or so.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6503 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to OMC-LUXOR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acegreaser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had Camera shutdown using 4K and Panorama Sweep feature.
The camera was ON for a whole of 5 to 6 minutes and while taking the panaroma shot, it shutdown.
Haven't tried 1080p recording.
The Following User Says Thank You to acegreaser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

valdigre
Old
Thanks Meter 23
It seems that it depends on what phone you get. If you get a lemon, you are scr***d and if you get a decent one, you should be fine.

I was afraid that this phone is plagued with this overheating problem and while it is one of the "hottest" I have ever had, mine is under control. I did not manage to overheat it with normal usage of camera/hd video, but surely enough I would be able to overheat it with AR mode or 4k video.

Anyway, If I lived in a climate like yours, I would definitely not buy this phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to valdigre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thehaman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I live in the similar climate conditions as OP (at least for summer) and I've already purchased this phone. Guess I'm screwed
The Following User Says Thank You to thehaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tel033
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdigre View Post
It seems that it depends on what phone you get. If you get a lemon, you are scr***d and if you get a decent one, you should be fine.

Anyway, If I lived in a climate like yours, I would definitely not buy this phone!

What batch do you have (14wXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaman View Post
I live in the similar climate conditions as OP (at least for summer) and I've already purchased this phone. Guess I'm screwed
Please tell me the results when you get yours

thehaman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tel033 View Post

Please tell me the results when you get yours
Will do! I get mine Thursday, so shoot me a pm over the weekend just in case I forget.
The Following User Says Thank You to thehaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

valdigre
Old
Thanks Meter 23
[QUOTE=tel033;53618386]What batch do you have (14wXX)

My batch is 14W17, so in theory it should be flawed with misaligned flash/camera (which it is a tiny bit) and overheating (which I have not experienced yet).

You are not screwed, don't worry, if you bought it and there is already 40 degrees outside.

You just have to remember a couple of things to keep it cool and you should be able to use the camera whenever necessary.

Do not leave it for too long in hot car or on the sun, do not use it extensively before going to the camera mode.
The last thing you can do is minimize the brightness of the screen when using camera (drawing more power from battery and putting even more heat).

You should be fine though!

feis
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Stop the batch madness already. There is no such thing as defect or perfect batch, some models have better build quality than others same as with any other manufacturer, batch has nothing to do with it.