No registration required

[Q] Samsung Telus Galaxy S2X/SGH - T989D Help

OP CrypticElement

24th June 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA developers,

I'm having a serious problem with my phone. It works and everything, but my USB port on my phone is damaged, copy and paste function is broken because of Google Chrome and the power button is a little sensitive or "sticky". The problem is that I want to upgrade my phone, but can't because of my USB being broken and not functional, I charge it buy using a battery charger I bought from Anker, came with two batteries so, charge one while using one. Here are the details of the phone:

Model Number: SGH-T989D
Android version: 4.0.3 (was 2.6.3 Gingerbread, but upgrade to ICS now I want to upgrade to Jellybean)
Build number: IML74K.TLLE4
ROM: Stock
Rooted: No

What I'm asking is that is there any way to upgrade my phone? If anyone can help me out, that'd be awesome.
Last edited by CrypticElement; 24th June 2014 at 11:32 AM.
24th June 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,882

5,062 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't feel like searching for you, but is there a flashable ICS ROM for your device or at least a full stock?

Either way use towel root top root you're phone. Of there a flash able version then use flashily to install a recovery. Once done just flash the upgrade. If all there is happens to be an Odin file then root and use mobile Odin to flash it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread