Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Show Notifications driving me nuts..

OP kdvditters

23rd June 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Everyone,

I know how to go into application manager and uncheck the "show notifcations" box to stop notifications from application / games.
What is happening though, is the manufacturers of the games / apps. are releasing frequent updates to their game / app., which then resets the "show notifications" box to checked, and I am being woke up in the middle of the night several times a week by my phone receiving these marketing pushes from the recently updated game / app.
I work in I.T., and receive pages to my phone, (I use Missed Messages to make sure I get and acknowledge important messages), so I just can't disable all notifications in the evening hours.
Is there a way to permanently, even after updates, make sure that the "show notifications" box stays unchecked at all times for an application or game?
Maybe a notification manager app, or a setting I can manually modify, (without negatively impacting Missed Messages and my work related pages)?

Thank you!

Kdvditters.

P.S. My phone is a T-mobile, Note 3, stock (not rooted).
24th June 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

1,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdvditters

Everyone,

I know how to go into application manager and uncheck the "show notifcations" box to stop notifications from application / games.
What is happening though, is the manufacturers of the games / apps. are releasing frequent updates to their game / app., which then resets the "show notifications" box to checked, and I am being woke up in the middle of the night several times a week by my phone receiving these marketing pushes from the recently updated game / app.
I work in I.T., and receive pages to my phone, (I use Missed Messages to make sure I get and acknowledge important messages), so I just can't disable all notifications in the evening hours.
Is there a way to permanently, even after updates, make sure that the "show notifications" box stays unchecked at all times for an application or game?
Maybe a notification manager app, or a setting I can manually modify, (without negatively impacting Missed Messages and my work related pages)?

Thank you!

Kdvditters.

P.S. My phone is a T-mobile, Note 3, stock (not rooted).

I think you mean playstore not application manager?
Are you letting the apps 'auto update' ?
If so,turn off in playstore and then you can update apps when you want,when done turn of notifications again.
24th June 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,010

4,013 posts
More
What you can try:

Greenify (app) all the apps. It basically shuts down all apps you add to the list through Force Stop. Usually shuts them up for me.
Deep Sleep Battery Saver works on a similar process.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread