Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Show Notifications driving me nuts..

Tip us?

kdvditters
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Show Notifications driving me nuts..

Everyone,

I know how to go into application manager and uncheck the "show notifcations" box to stop notifications from application / games.
What is happening though, is the manufacturers of the games / apps. are releasing frequent updates to their game / app., which then resets the "show notifications" box to checked, and I am being woke up in the middle of the night several times a week by my phone receiving these marketing pushes from the recently updated game / app.
I work in I.T., and receive pages to my phone, (I use Missed Messages to make sure I get and acknowledge important messages), so I just can't disable all notifications in the evening hours.
Is there a way to permanently, even after updates, make sure that the "show notifications" box stays unchecked at all times for an application or game?
Maybe a notification manager app, or a setting I can manually modify, (without negatively impacting Missed Messages and my work related pages)?

Thank you!

Kdvditters.

P.S. My phone is a T-mobile, Note 3, stock (not rooted).

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdvditters View Post
Everyone,

I know how to go into application manager and uncheck the "show notifcations" box to stop notifications from application / games.
What is happening though, is the manufacturers of the games / apps. are releasing frequent updates to their game / app., which then resets the "show notifications" box to checked, and I am being woke up in the middle of the night several times a week by my phone receiving these marketing pushes from the recently updated game / app.
I work in I.T., and receive pages to my phone, (I use Missed Messages to make sure I get and acknowledge important messages), so I just can't disable all notifications in the evening hours.
Is there a way to permanently, even after updates, make sure that the "show notifications" box stays unchecked at all times for an application or game?
Maybe a notification manager app, or a setting I can manually modify, (without negatively impacting Missed Messages and my work related pages)?

Thank you!

Kdvditters.

P.S. My phone is a T-mobile, Note 3, stock (not rooted).
I think you mean playstore not application manager?
Are you letting the apps 'auto update' ?
If so,turn off in playstore and then you can update apps when you want,when done turn of notifications again.
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 783
What you can try:

Greenify (app) all the apps. It basically shuts down all apps you add to the list through Force Stop. Usually shuts them up for me.
Deep Sleep Battery Saver works on a similar process.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.