- A display with the wordings "Unfortunately, the process.android.process.acore has stopped..." appeared every 5 seconds on the phone and then after about 30 seconds, the phone restarted/rebooted itself without further warning. On restarting/rebooting, the phone displayed the same message again and appeared every 5 seconds on the phone and then after about 30 seconds, the phone restarted/rebooted itself without further warning.
- This situation went in a few cycles without stopping until I pressed the phone OFF button for several seconds for the phone to turn off.
- I went to my phone/data service provider and they quoted an equivalent of USD75 for sending the phone back to their technical office/factory for "system checking and investigation" and as a last resort for "resetting to factory" mode. If there are parts to be changed inside the phone, I would have to pay for the market/retail price of those parts.
I thought that the USD75 is too much just for "system checking and investigation" and as a last resort for "resetting to factory" mode. So, I went to my cousin who is a tech guy and he solved the phone problem in less than 1 hour! Unfortunately, all the data is lost and the phone was returned to the factory mode.
Here's the trick if you have similar/same technical problems and do not mind losing the data on your phone. The procedures below will remove the display errors and at the same time perform a total reset on your phone back to its factory mode i.e. re-format your phone and erase all data.
1. Switch OFF the phone in the manner that you do normally (NOT restarting the phone)
2. Press DOWN the HOME button, VOLUME UP button while at the same time press DOWN the POWER button UNTIL YOU SEE THE ANDROID LOGO APPEARS [Yes, pressing down the 3 buttons all at the same time and at once for about 3-5 seconds till you see the android logo appears]
3. Press the VOLUME button to move up and down
4. Press the POWER button to SELECT the options given on the display
4. Press "wipe data / factory reset" option
5. After the phone has COMPLETED "wipe data / factory reset" (phone will display this information below the options given)
6. Press "reboot phone"
7. Once phone reboot/restart, you will see that the display is return to the factory mode and you will have to reconfigure the phone setting for personalization again i.e. date, time, wifi, internet, email account setting etc.
Hope all this information helps in your situation!
Good luck and good health,