ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to know if SD card is the cause of random reboots?

OP kirov37

24th June 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Well it has been asked many times in this phone's section why it reboots. Somewhere I've read that it might be the SD card. I got Kingmax 16gb class 6 Micro SD hc card, and I've noticed after I install some ICS or the "official" 4.1.2 jelly bean it works fine at the beggining. After I put the music and pictures on SD card which take about 4gb space it continues to do well for first few hours (once even a whole day) and then it suddenly restarts. After that first restart the phone starts restarting more frequently like 3-4 times a day, and it annoys me. Is it maybe the SD card problem? And is there any way to check it?
24th June 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37

Well it has been asked many times in this phone's section why it reboots. Somewhere I've read that it might be the SD card. I got Kingmax 16gb class 6 Micro SD hc card, and I've noticed after I install some ICS or the "official" 4.1.2 jelly bean it works fine at the beggining. After I put the music and pictures on SD card which take about 4gb space it continues to do well for first few hours (once even a whole day) and then it suddenly restarts. After that first restart the phone starts restarting more frequently like 3-4 times a day, and it annoys me. Is it maybe the SD card problem? And is there any way to check it?

remove the sd card and use the phone without it, if it still restarting on its own . The rom you're using is the problem
24th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201

remove the sd card and use the phone without it, if it still restarting on its own . The rom you're using is the problem

Thing is I often need the phone, and it has low memory on its own, that is why I didn't use that method
24th June 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37

Thing is I often need the phone, and it has low memory on its own, that is why I didn't use that method

The method is for troubleshooting lol (-_-") , if you didnt try to remove the presumably and have a go you wouldnt know what is actually faulting
24th June 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201

The method is for troubleshooting lol (-_-") , if you didnt try to remove the presumably and have a go you wouldnt know what is actually faulting

Well I did remove, but I didn't use it for more than 2 hours like that, not a whole day.
24th June 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Try another memory card with different class
And play song on third party apps like google play music or poweramp etc..
Try memory card on different phone & check memory card is damaged or not
Dump the memory card on water (do it your self i am not resposible for any damage) dry with clean soft cloth
If not working this method
Reset your mobile
Flash your mobile or goto service center

Sent from my lg g2 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread