Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to know if SD card is the cause of random reboots?

Tip us?

kirov37
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to know if SD card is the cause of random reboots?

Well it has been asked many times in this phone's section why it reboots. Somewhere I've read that it might be the SD card. I got Kingmax 16gb class 6 Micro SD hc card, and I've noticed after I install some ICS or the "official" 4.1.2 jelly bean it works fine at the beggining. After I put the music and pictures on SD card which take about 4gb space it continues to do well for first few hours (once even a whole day) and then it suddenly restarts. After that first restart the phone starts restarting more frequently like 3-4 times a day, and it annoys me. Is it maybe the SD card problem? And is there any way to check it?

Mr.201
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37 View Post
Well it has been asked many times in this phone's section why it reboots. Somewhere I've read that it might be the SD card. I got Kingmax 16gb class 6 Micro SD hc card, and I've noticed after I install some ICS or the "official" 4.1.2 jelly bean it works fine at the beggining. After I put the music and pictures on SD card which take about 4gb space it continues to do well for first few hours (once even a whole day) and then it suddenly restarts. After that first restart the phone starts restarting more frequently like 3-4 times a day, and it annoys me. Is it maybe the SD card problem? And is there any way to check it?
remove the sd card and use the phone without it, if it still restarting on its own . The rom you're using is the problem

kirov37
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201 View Post
remove the sd card and use the phone without it, if it still restarting on its own . The rom you're using is the problem
Thing is I often need the phone, and it has low memory on its own, that is why I didn't use that method

Mr.201
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov37 View Post
Thing is I often need the phone, and it has low memory on its own, that is why I didn't use that method
The method is for troubleshooting lol (-_-") , if you didnt try to remove the presumably and have a go you wouldnt know what is actually faulting

kirov37
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201 View Post
The method is for troubleshooting lol (-_-") , if you didnt try to remove the presumably and have a go you wouldnt know what is actually faulting
Well I did remove, but I didn't use it for more than 2 hours like that, not a whole day.

john morrision
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Try another memory card with different class
And play song on third party apps like google play music or poweramp etc..
Try memory card on different phone & check memory card is damaged or not
Dump the memory card on water (do it your self i am not resposible for any damage) dry with clean soft cloth
If not working this method
Reset your mobile
Flash your mobile or goto service center

Sent from my lg g2 using xda premium